“Many Firsts - And Great Firsts” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #6 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
San Francisco, California
“Many Firsts - And Great Firsts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was my first time overseas and I was worried about the type of accomodations I could get for a decent rate. My goodness what a wonderful place - a great way to start off my world abroad. The rooms were smaller than I accustomed to - but I found that to be part of the charm and life of the old world. The staff was absolutely beyond the word friendly.... and able to converse in English instead of just Italian. I can't say enough about how great this place was.

Room Tip: Get one overlooking the plaza.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Turkish first
Aventura, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Although I had been to Rome before,my 2 traveling companions had not and our first time at Albergo del Senato turned out to be beyond all of our expectations.
Firstly,the location was central, without feeling crowded and loud;2nd- the staff was helpful and pleasant-our wish was their command. (we really appreciated you Alessandra and Mauro) If they felt we needed experienced guidance,they offered it in a caring manner;3rd-,the gratis breakfast was full of choices;4th-the rooms were larger(including the bathroom) than any other Italian Hotel I had ever stayed at. Based on availability, we were offered an excellent upgraded room on the 5th floor. There was a daily newspaper and fresh fruit as we entered the breakfast room.We always felt accommodated by the hotel staff- for example- A necessary museum reservation printout was awaiting us when we returned from a long day of sightseeing.
In summation,we felt that whatever we asked for would always be met with an affirmative answer by the staff and that truly is a great feeling when so far away from home.

Room Tip: Call a few days before your arrival, just before the hotel assigns you your room and ask to speak to...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We spent our first nights at this hotel on our Italy honeymoon and we could not ask for a better hotel view or central location. 15 minute walk to Trevi, 30 minute walk to the Vatican, 30 minute walk to the Colosseum. Staff was very friendly and helpful with restaurant suggestions - definately take their advice and you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

From position, to presentation, to rooms, cleanliness and exceptional friendliness and helpfulness of all staff, everything was perfect. Really modern, attractive hotel. Lovely little touches- felt much more luxurious than it's rating. Would definitely stay again. Really good example of a hotel that's worked hard to get things right.

• Stayed January 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This hotel was selected by my wife for my birthday trip and we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a room on 6th floor overlooking the Pantheon.
This hotels's location is perfect. I think it would be impossible to find a more central location than this Square. Despite its centrality we never once felt any noise encroached on our comfort.
The hotel staff were extremely polite, professional and displayed elegant, old fashioned manners. Mauro and Alexandra were the staff we encountered at reception and they had all the grace one might have expected in a luxury hotel from a bygone age. I really can't commend them more highly.
The room had every requirement for a comfortable city break stay. Little touches added to the feel of being cared for. I believe this is a three star hotel - but the details felt more than this.
Robes, slippers, personal grooming equipment, daily news sheets and complimentary drinks on my birthday gave the impression that guests were CARED for.
I would have no reservation in booking this hotel again for a trip to Rome. I got the best night's sleep I have had in months in a comfortable bed- and shutters and blinds ensured I continued to sleep until I woke naturally.
Thank you Senato for a trip I will never forget.

Room Tip: The rooms on the sixth floor or the penthouses ensure you have an inscribe view - but to be honest...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed here with my 2 brothers and nephew for the Scotland v Italy rugby match last weekend. I was slightly worried by the 3 star rating before I arrived. I needn't have been. The welcome by Mauro was fantastic. He's a class act. The room we had was fairly small for a twin but you forget all of that when you open the window onto the square and the view of the Pantheon. Stunning. We have stayed in some of Rome's finest hotels including The Hassler twice. I'd go back here in a heartbeat. Clean, very friendly staff, very reasonable rates and a fantastic location. Well done to Mauro and the whole team.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Pantheon. It's one of the best views I've had anywhere in the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Highland Village, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in June 2009 before boarding our cruise ship ... and I can say without any hesitation that I would stay there again if we go to Rome again. The small size coupled with an unbeatable location, a friendly staff, and the views of the city from the rooftop bar all combined to make Albergo del Senato a special place.

Breakfast was excellent, and there are an abundance of food choices within easy walking distance. The only time we took a taxi was to go to the Vatican ... A must given the distance. Everything else we walked to, which helped to walk off the pizza and gelato!

If you want to feel like you're touching the culture of Rome, then you will be hard-pressed to find a better place to stay. And when you are sitting at the rooftop bar enjoying a nice glass of the local vino and see the Vatican all lit up in the distance, you will know exactly why this hotel is so special!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Albergo del Senato? Share your experiences!