“Surprising original dishes & traditional, too” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,337 of 8,759 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Restaurant Percento was opened in July 2010 on one of the most historic streets in Rome, via del Pellegrino 160, centrally located near Campo e' Fiori, Piazza Navona, and the Vatican city but, faraway from the clamor pf the crowds.The interior of the restaurant, which can accomodate seventy guest, is diveded into severals small and comfortable rooms accented with warm wood featuring a large wall displays of our favourite wines. Our fully visible, glass enclose kitchen allows guest the opportunity to watch the owner - chef prepare a selection of Italian cuisine with the freshest beef from Tuscany, pork of Nebrodi and seafood from the Mediterran sea. Enjoy our wide international selection of cheeses. Choose a wine from our extensive wine list. Come and taste us... Welcome.
New York
“Surprising original dishes & traditional, too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Searching off the beaten path for a possibly non-touristy restaurant on Christmas Eve, we were surprised, happy and grateful to find Percento open (most of the places on the piazzas were open). We were further surprised, happy and grateful at the quality of our experience here; not only were our meals delicious - we had some unusual original courses alongside beautifully-prepared traditional dishes - but best of all was how gracious everyone was toward us, when the restaurant was very quiet and surely they'd all rather have been home...... It was a Christmas Eve prix-fixe so we don't know what's on the regular menu, but some standouts were the artichokes, the cream of carrot with clams(!!), the roast pork, the drunken spaghetti with bacon(!!), the squid ink gnocchi, plum cake with white chocolate... Also a fantastic wine list..

New York City, New York
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had the most wonderful dinner here, one of the best meals we had in Rome during the trip. The food was out of this world and the service was fantastic.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rome, Italy
“A massive let down!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Having read such good reviews I was expecting great things from Percento, I have no idea what has happened since then but this was a let down from start to finish. We were a table for 2, we were seated immediately even though we had arrived a little early and thought, ok so far so good. That’s about the only thing that was good!! we had booked through the Rome Restaurant week site, having gone over the menu it was instantly obvious that this was not the menu on their website, immediate let down as the options that were now on offer were a lot different than what we had imagined, still, no big deal…or so we thought. We were informed that you could choose any 3 plates from the menu, so my wife choose the fried anchovy balls and as none of the antipasti appealed to me, I opted for the spaghetti with crab, instantly the waiter suggested that I do not have this pasta as it will take too long and I should order an antipasto instead, I let him know that none of them appealed to me hence I ordered a pasta, as the chef walked by, the waiter asked him in front of us, ‘’how long will the pasta with crab take?’’ to which the chef replied 20 mins, I said no problem, I don’t mind waiting and he then said, well, your wife will also have to wait, not a problem we replied, we are in no hurry. Then we ordered the wine, the head waiter then arrived and said I couldn’t find the one you asked for so this is from the same cantina, he was right it was, it was also a lot more expensive and when I looked at the bottle he then decided to send another waiter over to deal with this problem, he was far too busy, he wasn’t, he was just making it look as if he was as the restaurant only had about 10 people in it at this stage. So the other waiter appeared and showed us on the menu the bottle of wine that had been given to us by our busy head waiter, he showed me the price and I refused the wine and ordered another bottle around the same price range that the first bottle had cost only a euro or two less, the waiter then arrived with the original requested wine………it took him 3 mins, so it couldn’t have been that hard to find. My wife’s starter arrived as did my pasta bang on 20 mins, great , until I started eating the pasta, lovely crab taste, big crab claw on top and a bowl of water with lemon in it so that I could wash my hands, second mouthful I almost lost a tooth, crab shell was everywhere in the sauce, what made it worse the sauce was dark in colour and you could not see the tiny pieces of shell, still, it’s really nice so I will ignore it, until I nearly lost another tooth, then another then another…this went on and on until I gave up and waited for our second plate, my wife’s anchovy balls were ok, nothing special just ok. For our next course my wife ordered the entrecote with rosemary potatoes and I had the medallions of lamb with rosemary polenta. My wife asked for her steak al sangue, basically rare, it was, as well as being rare it was stone cold the whole way through, the rosemary potatoes was simply half a baked potato with a sprig of rosemary on top, pathetic by anyone’s standards of a steak and potatoes. The lamb medallions were basically the neck or another fatty piece of lamb rolled, tied, roasted and sliced on top of polenta with no taste of rosemary whatsoever and with the oil and fat dripping of both the lamb and the polenta, at this stage I am finding it very hard to find why they have a read star and it costs more than the others on the list, this is one of the worst dining experiences I have had in Rome, and it only gets worse. Time to order our desert, already a few guests are upset and arguing with the waiter who has now informed them that they can’t have the desert they requested as the chef is using the oven for fish and therefore there is no room, still, we hadn’t ordered at this stage so can’t really do much if he tells us that a certain dish is off the menu, so we order two chocolate fondant cakes, he tells us this will take at the very least 40 mins….there is no way I am going to suffer this for another 40 mins so I ask for the strawberry soup with chocolate mouse and my wife has the semifreddo with nougat, this takes 35 mins to arrive……with no apologies nothing, just placed in front of us and off they go. The strawberry soup you would imagine is pretty straight forward, strawberries? Nope, I have no idea what the chef has done to these strawberries but they didn’t deserve it, this dish tastes like the worst medicine you mother or father has ever made you take when you were a kid!!! My wife’s semifreddo was ok and I ate it as I was starving due to being unable to finish any of my dishes, we asked for the bill, no coffee was even offered but they brought us some stale desert biscuits, way to earn your tip guys!! 100 euro in two, worst 100 euro ever spent!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

taking the opportunity of the rome restaurant week, we had a romantic dinner at percento. the place looks good, the wine is very good but pricey and we were disappointed by the food: not tasty. maybe they change the menu during rome restaurant week. also, we had to wait a lot for our meal.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“A wine lovers' paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I just wish I had had time to sample all the wines on display at this wonderful Enoristorante. The cooking is fresh and was viewed from our table - a fascinating experience in its own right. Staff were very friendly and the chef is the owner. A couple of faults though - I bought some wine by the glass and the portion was very very small for the 10euros charged (and expensive sip) and the reconstructed tiramisu didn't work for me.

Visited October 2012