We last stayed at the Atlante Star in January 2007, when it was pristine, classy and deserving of it's 4* status.
7 years later, we thought we'd re-visit Rome and stay in the same hotel, as we had loved it so much the first time.
It was unfortunately such a disappointment 7 years on; as it appeared immediately obvious that no updates had been made to the place in all of those years. The place was scruffy, dirty and dated.
- No room service available for our whole stay
- No ability to get any food/beverages except for at breakfast
- No kettle in the room, so you can't even make yourself a brew
- WiFi only works when you're sat in the lobby or at the windy rooftop bar
- There was a bar on the roof of the hotel that opened at around 6pm each day, but it was effectively a prefabricated shack with some AstroTurf on the floor. Not suitable for sitting in when the weather is bad, as the wind and rain sweep-through!
In essence, we had to leave the hotel to even just get a cup of coffee. It shouldn't be like this in a so-called 4* establishment!
We stayed in room 505, where at 2am EVERY MORNING, the persons living in the residential apartment that our room backed onto would turn their TV on and crank the volume right-up until 4am on the dot, when it'd all fall silent again. Really annoying to say the least, and it wasn't something the hotel were too interested in trying to rectify.
All in all, a sad experience really. And such a shame, as we'd had fond memories of the place from our previous stay.
I do not know how it still has it's 4 stars, because it is at best, a 2*.
On a positive note; all staff were friendly and welcoming, and the hotel is in a great central location near to the Vatican.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star superior Atlante Star Hotel, situated in the heart of Rome, 3 minutes from the Vatican City and St Angel’s Castle, 10 minutes from Navona Square and 15 from the Spanish Steps. All the rooms have been completely renovated, some offer a panoramic view and maxi Jacuzzi tubs. Owing to the wall tapestry, elegant furniture and interior decoration, they boast a personal and cosy atmosphere. We are the only hotels in the centre of Rome to offer a the exclusive free of charge FCO - Leonardo da Vinci airport pick-up service, upon request and notification of your flight details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Atlante Star reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlante Star Hotel
- Atlante Star Rome