This hotel is very beautiful and its view of Rome is practically unbeatable from the rooftop. The rooms are mediocre, a little worn, but I do like the elegant and light yellow decor. As for the view, it depends if you get the Rome view (nice) or the residential view (not nice). If you can't get a Rome view, just go to the rooftop.
We wasn't impressed with the imperial club, foods offered there were very mediocre. However, breakfast buffet was good - this buffet has the most variety of fresh squeezed fruit juice and milks we ever seen. There were like coconut milk, almond milk, malt milk, soy milk, rice milk, there got to be like 20 variety or something.
The favorite part of my stay was able able to request the variety of therapeutic pillows they offer. From Buckwheat to rice kennel, etc.. there got to be 15 varieties and they brought one of each for me to try.
Our stay would have been much more enjoyable had the staffs' friendliness were more consistent. Some were excellent and other were at the other end of the spectrum, rude and arrogant. During our breakfast buffet, we were stared down for asking for more fish because there wasn't anymore. Then the waitress came back 30 minutes later with a plate of fish fillets and kind of tossed in down at our table. Also, we were rushed out of the dinning room because they want to close everything down. I don't know why they can't just give us another 10-15 minutes to gobble down the rest of our foods.
When we went to the concierge for question, we got our answers but most of them time they gave us a feeling that we were imposing.
Their spa was suppose to be the best in Europe or something they said, but it sure didnt feel like it. It was crowd, mixed genders and kind messy with towels everywhere. It was also dark with a bunch of colorful lights - make you feel like it a disco spa. It was really weird and didn't give you a feeling that you're in a classy spa.
Overall we enjoyed our stay, however this hotel is really a mixed bag. Some aspects are really superior and unique; while others aspects are below a 4 stars hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the panorama that has inspired visitors for centuries is Rome's most prestigious address – the Rome Cavalieri hotel. Though only minutes from the city's great monuments, the Rome Cavalieri has the tranquility of an oasis. Enclosed in fifteen acres of lush Mediterranean parklands, this luxury hotel is a calm retreat in the heart of the Eternal City, an elegant refuge where time slows and hearts quicken.The first hotel in Europe to be part of the exclusive Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, the Rome Cavalieri hotel is more than just a 5–star property. It's the pre-eminent luxury hotel in Rome, with an art collection that outshines many museums, a Grand Spa that would be the envy of a prestige health resort, and standards of luxury that set it apart from other Rome hotels. The Rome Cavalieri brings new meaning to notions of Italian style, and new purpose to the fine art of exclusive hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels And Resorts
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotel Rome
- Hilton International Rome
- Hilton Rome
- Rome Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Rome
- Rome Cavalieri Hilton