6 of us travel to Italy every year and we stayed for 8 days here (4rooms) at the end of June this year. The rooms were beautiful, food superb, staff always extremely helpful and friendly. One particular young waiter went to great lengths to sort out a problem for us in the pool restaurant on our first evening. Breakfast was the best I've ever had anywhere in the world. I'm a dairy-free veggie and usually take my own milk etc but it certainly wasn't a problem here! There is every type of milk imaginable, plus an amazing selection of fresh fruits, freshly squeezed juices, breads (including gluten free etc, delicious hot dishes, a Japanese breakfast selection - I could go on!!! and all enjoyed at tables overlooking the 25m pool. It was wonderful coming back here every day after sightseeing to relax by the pool.
Breakfast - amazing!!
Staff- equally so!! Nothing was too much trouble, the concierge sorted lots of things out for us.
Pool restaurant in the evenings - magical and fabulous food.
Pool - gorgeous - deep and great for lengths.
Just about everything really
A few negatives:
- There is an exorbitant daily charge for wifi in the room - ridiculous nowadays, maybe a small weekly charge would be more acceptable if not inclusive in the room tariff.
- We were also disappointed to find out that we would be charged approximately 24euros per person per day to sit in a lounger by the pool! We asked if we could just sit by the pool without using the loungers but this is not permitted (there wouldn't be room anyway). We eventually found out from reception that we would not be charged to go and have a quick dip in the pool but this is not explained anywhere. I have to say though, that we spent a lot of time around the pool (despite the expense) because the pool and surrounding area is gorgeous.
- The biggest negative was how rude the Michelin restaurant staff were, when we inquired about the menu on the top floor and possibly booking a table and going up to have a look. They said no to all our requests!! Not impressed! The hotel reception were very apologetic when we told them and we wondered if the top floor was a separate entity. Don't worry, the food is excellent at the pool restaurant so i'd prefer to eat there anyway!! We did however throw caution to the wind and went up to look at the view on our last evening, it's worth a look.
The negatives did not detract from a most wonderful experience, they just would have made it even better! I wouldn't hestitate to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the panorama that has inspired visitors for centuries is Rome's most prestigious address – the Rome Cavalieri hotel. Though only minutes from the city's great monuments, the Rome Cavalieri has the tranquility of an oasis. Enclosed in fifteen acres of lush Mediterranean parklands, this luxury hotel is a calm retreat in the heart of the Eternal City, an elegant refuge where time slows and hearts quicken.The first hotel in Europe to be part of the exclusive Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, the Rome Cavalieri hotel is more than just a 5–star property. It's the pre-eminent luxury hotel in Rome, with an art collection that outshines many museums, a Grand Spa that would be the envy of a prestige health resort, and standards of luxury that set it apart from other Rome hotels. The Rome Cavalieri brings new meaning to notions of Italian style, and new purpose to the fine art of exclusive hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Venere, TripOnline SA, Agoda, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels And Resorts
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotel Rome
- Hilton International Rome
- Hilton Rome
- Rome Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Rome
- Rome Cavalieri Hilton