We booked this hotel for our second visit in Rome, in order to celebrate my husband's birthday.
We came at 9 and the room was already ready, which was a nice touch, but the room didn't have a view, and even worse, our view was huge Tv antenna.
This was a disappointment, but since Rome has so much to offer and we spent most of our time traveling, it was not that important.
The room itself is large, beautifully decorated, nice Salvatore Fregammo toiletries, great beddings and pillows and very comfortable.
Nice touch was when we found out that the room was made twice a day, with refill to complimentary still and sparkling personal bottle of water.
We booked the imperial class, so upon arrival we could enjoy the imperial club lounge with nice snacks, sweets, coffee and wine.
The imperial club has complimentary 15 minutes access to computers and Ilaria helped us with restaurants reservations and more recommendations how to help us organize better our trip.
The view from the imperial lounge was incredible, the service was also nice.
The shuttle bus was a nice touch, there is a break in service from 13 till 16, and the service ends at 21, so if you want to spend more time in Rome, you needs taxi, it's about 15 euro each direction, depends on a traffic. We missed the shuttle bus few times and we took a taxi.
The shuttle bus has two stops: next to Harry's bar at piazza di spania and in piazza Barberini on the back to Rome, and pick up at Barberini, take the schedule from concierge.
The spa is a must, comes complementary with the imperial club room, there are many different lessons and great gym, the inside pool is great, and the outside pool is beyond words, we had such a wonderful experience, you receive your robes in the receptions, along with slippers, there are nice changing rooms with lockers.
The resort is beautiful, you need to make time to enjoy it, great for relaxing.
The resort has 3 start Michlene star restaurant La Pergula, it's great experience for special occasions.
My only disappointment was that although I made the hotel know it was my husband's birthday, they disregarded this.
Still, we had great time and enjoyed, book a room with a view in advance! If you have imperial club access, you don't need additional breakfast, and front desk tried to sell it to us, but actually the breakfast provided in the imperial club is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the panorama that has inspired visitors for centuries is Rome's most prestigious address – the Rome Cavalieri hotel. Though only minutes from the city's great monuments, the Rome Cavalieri has the tranquility of an oasis. Enclosed in fifteen acres of lush Mediterranean parklands, this luxury hotel is a calm retreat in the heart of the Eternal City, an elegant refuge where time slows and hearts quicken.The first hotel in Europe to be part of the exclusive Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, the Rome Cavalieri hotel is more than just a 5–star property. It's the pre-eminent luxury hotel in Rome, with an art collection that outshines many museums, a Grand Spa that would be the envy of a prestige health resort, and standards of luxury that set it apart from other Rome hotels. The Rome Cavalieri brings new meaning to notions of Italian style, and new purpose to the fine art of exclusive hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels And Resorts
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotel Rome
- Hilton International Rome
- Hilton Rome
- Rome Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Rome
- Rome Cavalieri Hilton