Unfortunately, since I live in Rome, I don't have the oppurtunity to actually stay at the Hilton, although I'd like to!
After returning from our Christmas holidays, my husband and I were both sore from the big bags and airplane ride.
We decided to go for a massage. We have our normal spa in the center of Rome, but decided to try the Hilton as a friend had stayed there recently and spoke very highly of it.
I called and was able to get a reservation for a massage that same afternoon. The receptionist also told me I had access to the pools, sauna and Turkish bath.
As we arrived, we were shown to the locker rooms, where robes and flip-flops were provided. We then spent about 45 minutes in the Turkish bath and then cold and warm pools. When it was time for our massage, one of the receptionists came for us.
The massage that followed was needed and absolutely wonderful. My masseuse Anna, was absolutely amazing. I could tell that my massage was not a cookie cutter massage,--she concentrated on the areas that were tense and sore.
A little touch I liked in the locker rooms was a dryer that dried our bathing suits enough to put back into our bag.
The atmosphere can only be described as opulent. However, even with all of this opulence, the service was not at all pretentious.
The whole spa was very clean.
The price, surprisingly, is the range of most other spas in Rome. €120 for a 50 minute massage and use of the pools and baths.
We've officially changed our spa and cannot wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the panorama that has inspired visitors for centuries is Rome's most prestigious address – the Rome Cavalieri hotel. Though only minutes from the city's great monuments, the Rome Cavalieri has the tranquility of an oasis. Enclosed in fifteen acres of lush Mediterranean parklands, this luxury hotel is a calm retreat in the heart of the Eternal City, an elegant refuge where time slows and hearts quicken.The first hotel in Europe to be part of the exclusive Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, the Rome Cavalieri hotel is more than just a 5–star property. It's the pre-eminent luxury hotel in Rome, with an art collection that outshines many museums, a Grand Spa that would be the envy of a prestige health resort, and standards of luxury that set it apart from other Rome hotels. The Rome Cavalieri brings new meaning to notions of Italian style, and new purpose to the fine art of exclusive hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels And Resorts
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotel Rome
- Hilton International Rome
- Hilton Rome
- Rome Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Rome
- Rome Cavalieri Hilton