“Extremely relaxing Spa experience, will be back.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - From €203
Ranked #74 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
rome
“Extremely relaxing Spa experience, will be back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Unfortunately, since I live in Rome, I don't have the oppurtunity to actually stay at the Hilton, although I'd like to!
After returning from our Christmas holidays, my husband and I were both sore from the big bags and airplane ride.
We decided to go for a massage. We have our normal spa in the center of Rome, but decided to try the Hilton as a friend had stayed there recently and spoke very highly of it.
I called and was able to get a reservation for a massage that same afternoon. The receptionist also told me I had access to the pools, sauna and Turkish bath.
As we arrived, we were shown to the locker rooms, where robes and flip-flops were provided. We then spent about 45 minutes in the Turkish bath and then cold and warm pools. When it was time for our massage, one of the receptionists came for us.
The massage that followed was needed and absolutely wonderful. My masseuse Anna, was absolutely amazing. I could tell that my massage was not a cookie cutter massage,--she concentrated on the areas that were tense and sore.
A little touch I liked in the locker rooms was a dryer that dried our bathing suits enough to put back into our bag.
The atmosphere can only be described as opulent. However, even with all of this opulence, the service was not at all pretentious.
The whole spa was very clean.
The price, surprisingly, is the range of most other spas in Rome. €120 for a 50 minute massage and use of the pools and baths.
We've officially changed our spa and cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest R, Manager at Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your experience at our award winning Cavalieri Grand Spa.

We are so glad to read that you have enjoyed the treatments and that our staff, services & facilities met your expectations.

3,023 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (780)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at this property in August of 2012 overnighting prior to leaving on a cruise. It is out of the city core and a bit away from it all. It is perched on a hill with great nighttime views of central Rome. The pool area is to die for and the rooms are spectacular. You really feel like royalty at this hotel and having been to Rome before, we simply enjoyed all that we could about this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest R, Manager at Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts during your recent visit to the Eternal city.

We are so glad to read that your stay was a memorable one and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed there with my wife on a short get away. Can really recommend it for that.
We came early, and room obviously not ready, but since we wanted to get to the center, seeing the Colloseum and the Trevi Fountain, that meant nothing. They took our luggage, which was then waiting for us in our room, when we came late afternoon.

We had a Rome view room, and that is amazing. One morning, there was a fog over Rome, and we could not see the city - except for the top of the St. Pete Cathedral. Breathtaking.
The view of the park belonging to the hotel is also great - outdoor pool at night, all lit up etc.

Decided we wanted to try the restaurant, La Pergola. Unfortunately all booked, but the concierge managed to get us a space. Many thanks for that! We were the first, and cannot help thinking if they opened a bit earlier for us - no matter what, it is very much appreciated.
Food and mood there is excellent, and fully recommended!
They provided me with a jacket - and she caught my size at first try.

The Spa is also amongst the best I have tried. Love the little gimmick that I did not get these cloth slippers you get everywhere, but real rubber ones. Great feature.
My favourite is. The turkish steambath - very hot, and with the cold pool inside, to really get the contrast. Just like you do saunas in Russia (though no steam and you have to get out for the pool).
The relaxation room had the sound of slowly running water, you could use a headset for the TV, or just relax.
Only minus was the sauna - 70 degrees is simply too cold.

Room was spaceous, nice balcony, nice seating area and great bathroom.

We had, what the hotel called "an incident" - which in my view was nothing, not even worth mentioning here.
However, my wife mentioned it in the reception - and they settled it with an extra set of bathroom amenities (my wife is a sucker for the Ferragamo stuff) - and she was delighted (which meant, so was I). We then went for shopping, and when we got home - there was a letter from the Guest Relation Manager, to contact him about our "incident". Weird, I thought, case was closed. Anyway, on the way to the spa, I passed by - and he appologised many times. I mentioned this was closed from my side, but thanks. I then got something worth more than anything I could have asked for - a long talk, and the story of the hotel. For me, that is just something. Thanks Nicola, really enjoyed our talk. So, happy as could be, went to the spa and then back to the room. There was another letter from the manager, once again appologizing, and leaving us a bottle of champagne and a huge bowl of fruits. Actually feel embarrased about it.
Needless to say I am astonished. Trust me, it was nothing, cannot even make myself say what it was.

While I was at the spa, my wife went shopping (she wanted to bring back some cheese).
Reception pointed out where to go, and even gave her a map (so no, no need to go to the center - just ask, and the very helpfull staff will assist - at least that's our experience.

Breakfast was also a chapter for itself. I have seldom seen anything so rich before. 6 kinds of freshly squeezed juice and everything you could desire. I have tried several brunches with less choice. Staff was also here great. Waiter asked if we wanted orange juice - my wife said no, asking for carrot juice - which he promptly brought. Needless to say he deserved his tip.
Next day my wife asked again - the waitress was just about to point out where it was, but took herself in it and brought it.

This is a place I will come again - and could be a reason in itself to visit Rome. Will recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts during your recent visit to the Eternal city and for taking the time to submit a review regarding your stay.

We are so glad to read that your stay was a memorable one and that our staff, services & facilities met your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to your ‘home away from home’ real soon!

Lawrence, ks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

In all, beautiful place but underneath you can tell the people are disorganized. We had a pre arranged appetizer one night before Christmas Mass, pre reserved, and could tell when we got there they were not ready for us and unsure of what they were supposed to do. The service sounds nice and looks pretty but these folks in my humble opinion do not know what real customer service looks like.

Room Tip: Just get one facing the city
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest R, Manager at Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your stay.

We regret reading of such short-comings and we'll make sure such minor incidents do not repeat themselves in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My stay at the Cavalieri got off to a bad start. I had not brought my passport with me and despite having paid in full online for the room, was told I could not check in without it. I offered my driving licence as proof of ID (which I had used to check in a few days earlier at another Italian hotel) but was told only my passport would suffice. I had to contact someone where I had left my passport on the other side of Rome and call in a BIG favour to ask them to drive across Rome in rush hour traffic to bring me the document. I politely explained to the receptionist that my passport was on its way but I was still not allowed into the room I had paid for and was left waiting in the lobby for over two hours until my passport arrived. Rules may be rules but I expect a bit more class in service from a 5 star hotel. There are many things they could have offered me: complementary drink at the bar, access to the spa while I waited, etc, but nothing - I was just left waiting there.

Once checked in the service was generally very good. The Rome view was spectacular and the room of a very high standard. Spa is amazing. TV reception was poor which again is something very basic for a 5 star hotel to get wrong. Ordered room service. Fish was tasty but over cooked. Fries cost something like 14 euro which is I guess what you expect from a 5 star hotel but they weren't 5 star quality. More like McDonald's. Breakfast was excellent. Overall, enjoyed the experience but not really a 5 star service unfortunately.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest R, Manager at Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so glad to read that you have enjoyed our spectacular view and award winning Cavalieri Grand Spa.

We regret reading of your first impression, but we are obliged by Italian law to register our guests only using the following forms of identification:

* All passorts
* Italian ID's & driving license
* European Union ID's

We cannot check-in our guests in the rooms without the proper registration, but they are welcome to use all our other facilities until the matter is resolved.

We hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Jamesburg, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nice hotel, room, people. But choose if the hotel is your destination but not old Rome. They have a shuttle but only runs at best once an hour and tried twice but little shuttle for massive hotel was jammed and people were forced to take taxis. Beautiful up in hills but nothing around it so you must taxi to leave property. Breakfast was 50e per person. Choose based on what your priorities are. It is what it is. Drinks were 19e per cocktail but well worth it within this setting. Beautiful, costly and isolated.

Room Tip: Know what you want and then decide.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Guest R, Manager at Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that our staff, services & facilities met your expectations. As mentioned many times on TripAdvisor, our guests choose our hotel as we are away from the city centre's traffic noises, in addition that our rooms provide a magnificent view of Rome second to none.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed in the Rome Cavalieri in mid January, can only describe the hotel as amazing. Had a room on the 7th floor overlooking Rome, the view was beautiful and the room itself very comfortable. The breakfast downstairs was lovely and had everything you could think of. following this we used the free shuttle into the city, it dropped in a very good location and the driver was fantastic and more than ready to help. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Rome for the hotel and the fantastic service it provides.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

A. Front Desk Manager

Been to Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts? Share your experiences!