My partner booked this hotel for my birthday weekend for 3 days in Rome. I have to say its not much From the outside but as you enter the grounds and see the decor and gallery of amazing pictures with very friendly and helpful staff it does make is stand out.
It's a fair bit of travelling from the airport. We didn't organise hotel transfer as it seemed to be more cheaper just to jump in a cab from the airport to the hotel and all the cabbies know where Rome Cavalieri is! We paid just under 50 euros. Hotel would have cost 90-100.
The hotel is situated about 15-20 mins from the city centre so it is not a local hotel. As you drive up towards the hotel you go up a steep hill away from everything. So be prepared to pay for taxis to get around or use the hotel shuttle service which they provide. The shuttle device only takes you to the barberini piazza and picks up from there too. So you can't hop on and hop off a you like en route.
We bought the Omnia Rome and Vatican passes which enables you to see most of the attractions for free and free public transport ie bus and metro. They were such good value so worth looking into if its your first time to Rome. As there is sooooo much to see and do!
We had to pay to use the gym and pool. A first compared to other 5 star hotels we have stayed in.
The main restaurant is very expensive but who Would want to eat in the hotel when you have the whole of Rome restaurants to choose from and their delicate menus.
Just a 5 min walk outside the hotel and down the hill there's a a lovely local restaurant Called Luciano's and the food was amazing as was the staff. It seemed to be very popular with the locals too. Would love to return here again!
The room was nice and spacious and clean. Our view unfortunately was the big antenna but that didn't bother us. We were hardly in the room and when we were it was just to get ready to go out again in the evenings.
For my birthday they arranged a beautiful bouquet of flowers with chocolates and wine delivered by the concierge staff on the morning of my birthday. Which was very sweet and made my morning :-)
The bar staff were always very attentive and very funny and did all they can to make our stay that bit more memorable. They recognised us from the first night so we always had a night cap before we went to bed. The live piano was amazing and very soothing too.
Overall our stay was pleasant and comfortable but comparable to other 5 star hotels I say it is on the expensive side a we do travel a lot. If you're a member of the Hilton Honours club then you tend to benefit from the hotel services more but if not then you pay way over the odds.
But overall a lovely short stay and very nice indeed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the panorama that has inspired visitors for centuries is Rome's most prestigious address – the Rome Cavalieri hotel. Though only minutes from the city's great monuments, the Rome Cavalieri has the tranquility of an oasis. Enclosed in fifteen acres of lush Mediterranean parklands, this luxury hotel is a calm retreat in the heart of the Eternal City, an elegant refuge where time slows and hearts quicken.The first hotel in Europe to be part of the exclusive Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, the Rome Cavalieri hotel is more than just a 5–star property. It's the pre-eminent luxury hotel in Rome, with an art collection that outshines many museums, a Grand Spa that would be the envy of a prestige health resort, and standards of luxury that set it apart from other Rome hotels. The Rome Cavalieri brings new meaning to notions of Italian style, and new purpose to the fine art of exclusive hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels And Resorts
- Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotel Rome
- Hilton International Rome
- Hilton Rome
- Rome Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Rome
- Rome Cavalieri Hilton