“Rude waiter spoiled the experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Dal Paino

Restaurant Dal Paino
Via Di Parione 34/35, 00186 Rome, Italy (Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori)
06-68-135-140
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,022 of 8,545 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
“Rude waiter spoiled the experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our plan was to go to Pizzaria da Baffetto. When we arrived the restaurant was closed and there was a note on the door suggesting we go to Pizzeria dal Paino. While the pizza was good, the service was terrible. We sat outside and waited for our waiter to serve us. He was brusk and unfriendly. But that wasn't the worse part of our experience. In Italy, servers are required to not only hand you a bill, but you must take the bill with you. The waiter simply wrote the amount on the paper tablecloth. We handed him a 50 euros and we waited for our change. He handed my husband the change and grabbed a 5 euro bill and said "this is for me"!!! Incredible. NEVER go here. There are far too many pizza places in Roma!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Full of Italian people always a good sign”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Great unpretentious food. Both pastas and pizzas cooked to a hight standard. Reasonably priced wine friendly staff. Worth a visit. Paid 25Emore the night before for far inferior food.

Visited May 2013
“Excellent food,fair value but lacking a little charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I was recommended this restaurant by my Italian landlord.It was authentically Italian,decent to very good food and fairly priced. I had 3 courses..ravioli spinachi,steak and tiramisu
( yes,conventional ordering I know but I just wanted an honest feed as I'm "batching") for E 33. ...incl. water and 1/4 carafe of vino della casa.By Australian standards these days,outstanding value. I am surprised at some other negative Trip Advisor reviews because you can't fault the food. My restaurant competent Italian probably improved the service level,so I can imagine that there have been some let downs on service front from other customers.Service was efficient,fast without being warm.Only real criticism is lack of ambiance...so come here for a good meal rather than a romantic interlude.

Visited May 2013
“Yes, Go to Dal Paino!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We enjoyed everything about Dal Paino, the restaurant our Roman host recommended for authentic thin-crust, Roman style pizza. Avoid eating where most tourists are and find the locals' favorites, like this one. Nice prices too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rome, Italy
“Delicious food, nice waiters, lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

It's my second time in Rome (first 2006) and fifth time in dal Paino, each time without regretting it. At last, it's time for a review :)
After eating in sooo many restaurants in Rome, I still find the best gnocchi (try 4-formaggi), almost the best pasta (taste and variety), the most unique pizza (very crispy and delicious) and probably one of the best home made tiramisus around.. all in dal Paino.
Waiters (especially Mafi) are really friendly and helpful in case you need help or any recommendations.
Location is very close to Piazza Navona so the place can easily be found. The atmosphere is really warm but it may be a problem to wait for long minutes especially on crowded summer evenings... but it is gonna be worth waiting.

• Visited April 2013