“A fun break from sightseeing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cooking Classes in Rome

Cooking Classes in Rome
Via dei Fienaroli, 5, 00153 Rome, Italy (Trastevere)
347 133 9684
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 888 Activities in Rome
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
NJ
12 attraction reviews
“A fun break from sightseeing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

My husband and I learned about Cooking Classes in Rome from Trip Advisor. Everything that others said about it was true. Chef Andrea offers the perfect combination of a warm personality, humor, facts about Roman food and cooking instruction. Our class had 5 couples and one mother and daughter with different degrees of experience. We came from all over the world and everyone worked together in a tiny kitchen to produce 4 delicious courses with wine pairings. It was a wonderful way to break up a week of sightseeing. It was unnecessary to take notes because the chef sent us each an e-mail with all the the recipes and instruction so we can prepare the dishes at home. I highly recommend this activity in Rome.

Visited February 2011

Bugibba, Malta
“Explosion of flavours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

This class was the highlight of my short visit to Rome. If you're up to eat real Roma food this is the place to go to- great food and great company. The wine pairing was excellent and very informative. A true explosion of Roman flavours which will leave you wanting for me and it all culminates in the dining room while eating the superb food Chef Andrea teached us to cook! Amazing a must for food junkies :)

Visited February 2011
12 attraction reviews
“Excellent experience all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

Our family (2 adults and 2 kids ages 9 and 12) had an amazing time with Andrea and Erica...Andrea made sure everyone was engaged and involved, the food was surprisingly easy to prepare, Andrea was an animated and informative teacher - talking about the zero kilometer restaurant philosophy, explaining how he selects his food and menus based on food availability and what he sees at the market each morning, and talking about the history of dishes we were preparing and how they fit into Rome's history too. We all loved the class and the meal at the end was delicious. We'll be making Andrea's recipes regularly... we made the chocolate lava cakes last night! yum!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
“An experience not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

Without a doubt in my mind, my boyfriend and my experience with Cooking Classes in Rome will never be forgotten. Before we even left for Italy we were excited about this experience, but not until we were in the back kitchen with Chef Andrea and his incredible partner Erica did we really recognize how privileged we were to be able to be learning the true art of Italian cooking with a talented Italian chef in Italy!

Not only did Chef Andrea customize the menu based upon the groups' interests and request as well as dietary restrictions, he made sure we all walked away with recipes and dishes that would be easily replicated in your kitchen back home. Chef Andrea's love for Italian cuisine and education is contagious. His energy is electrifying and made the day enjoyable and full of laughter.

I know most go to Rome to see the many monuments and work of art that the incredible ancient city has to offer, but if you have time and want to truly experience Italy I recommend you take the time to let Cooking Classes in Rome show you what eating like a Roman is really about. You dont have to be a chef or want to be a chef to take this class; just have to have a great attitude and a love for food and you will fit in wonderfully with the mission of Chef Andrea!

I wish Chef Andrea and Cooking Classes in Rome great success and love! Thank you for your time, love of cooking and will to educate the likes of me and others in the art of true Italian cooking.

Melbourne
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

On the 12th January my husband & I attended Andrea’s Cooking Class. It was the best experience of our trip around Europe!!
We met 8 lovely people from all around the world, and learnt so much from a little of the history of Rome to how to make & cook the perfect gnocchi! During our cooking class we made: Roman Artichokes, Potato Gnocchi with a fresh tomato sauce, Saltimbocca and Tiramisu. Andrea emails the recipes following the cooking class so you don’t have to worry about trying to remember everything he says – I can’t wait to attempt some of recipes.
This was definitely the highlight of our stay in Roma, and I would recommend anyone who visits Rome participates in the cooking class.
It was a fantastic way to spend our last day in Roma – Thank you Andrea!