“The highlight of our trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cooking Classes in Rome

Cooking Classes in Rome
Via dei Fienaroli, 5, 00153 Rome, Italy (Trastevere)
347 133 9684
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 32 Classes & Workshops in Rome
Cedar Hill, TX
“The highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

My husband (who can only cook toast) and I (I'm a decently accomplished cook) took this class our last day in Rome. It was the highlight of our trip! We both had the absolute best time. The class is *such* a great deal. You spend 5 hours (they go *very* fast) both learning about the regions, the foods, and the history of how different foods are prepared in Rome vs. other parts of Italy. It was very different than we were expecting .... everyone sort of 'pitched in' and did different parts of the preparation of a very large lunch (we had an appetizer, 2 courses, a side, and dessert that we all prepared). This included cleaning the vegetables and stirring, chopping all the way up to learning to 'flip' food while cooking on the stove. You really only did what you felt comfortable doing. Chef Andrea was soooo entertaining, funny and knowledgeable. We were all astonished at how quickly the time went as well as how wonderful the food we prepared tasted. I've been cooking Italian cuisine (now, admittedly, it has been learned from cooking shows and books) - but, I learned SO many valuable hints and prep tips I have never seen presented by professional cooks. And, the food is so easy to prepare - very easy to repeat (even by a novice) back home.

When we return to Rome, we will do this again.

Visited October 2011

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“The review don't do Chef Consoli or the food justice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I bought this as a present for my wife and as she likes to cook, and I like to eat, figured as I'll get fed at the end too it can't be too bad. Anyway from the beginning we we told about the area we were in, the history of the cooking that took place in Trastevere and in Rome as a whole which really set the scene for the next 5 hours of cooking and eating all local produce. It was good for beginners (me) and good for advanced (wife) and the food was outstanding - highly recommended!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
“Highlight of Our Trip to Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

My significant other and I spend our last day in Rome with Andrea and this wonderful cooking class. We had an amazing time and learned so much!
I would highly recommend this for anyone who is even remotely interested in cooking, or eating... and let's be honest who isn't?
Andrea was a fantastic teacher and chef. He entertained our entire group while teaching us everything about each dish we made. He also provided excellent suggestions of how to make it as similar as possible with items that can be found in the US.
I loved it and I can't wait to go back and visit him again!

Spokane, Washington
“WOW, What an Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We spent the entire month of September in Italy and the last day we had this cooking class. This was FANTASTiC to say the least. Chef Andrea and his wife Erica put on a spectacular class of a five course meal. There were 12 of us in the kitchen and we all participated. Chef Andrea was amazing. His talents are incredible and his way of communicating to all of us was excellent. He is very knowledgeable in not only cooking but in nutrition as well. This is a must for anyone interested in cooking especially Italian cooking.

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Wonderful day...so glad we did it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

This day of cooking was a gift from my son and he accompanied me. It was the first time he and I cooked together and I loved every minute of it! Chef Andrea was great and for the most part, we could use everything we learned And recreate once back home. My son took an interest and I believe enjoyed it very much.
I highly recommend it! One of the highlights of my wonderful week in Rome!

Visited September 2011

Been to Cooking Classes in Rome? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cooking Classes in Rome, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.