“Outstanding Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
New York City, New York
“Outstanding Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

As an Italian American, I have had a lot of good italian food at home and in restaurants in NYC but this place had some of the best pasta dishes I have ever tasted. The Bucatini all'Amatriciana was the best I have ever had and the guanicale in it was pure bliss. The pasta cacio e pepe was enough reason for me to want to go back to Rome, exceptional. They use fresh pasta for both dish. Out of 7 nights we ate there 4 times because the food was just wonderful. So disappointed the Tuesday night that they were closed. The pastiera dessert a speciality of Naples was almost as good as my own recipe. Do yourself a favor if your in Rome stop there for some of the best pasta you are ever likely to taste.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vancouver
“Very lovely local trattoria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Very nice local trattoria, food was nicely prepared they were trying some new menu ideas and really interested in feedback. They also own the little trattoria next door so often went back and forth to get coffee. Wine list is extensive but bit pricey was offered a new wine item , chianti which was quite drinkable. Would go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
“An odd experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

This place looks lovely and the food is OK, though I wouldn't say it was outstanding. We went on a Sunday evening, so that may have been the problem. There weren't many people in and as the tables for two are very close to their neighbours we chose one near the door. There weren't many customers going in and out but the staff went in and out all the time! Sometimes, they just went outside to smoke and also there must be some sort of storage area nearby as people came in with food every so often. We felt the wine list was expensive and we weren't very thrilled with the one we chose.

• Visited March 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Lovely Trattoria, outstanding food, wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

My girlfriend and I had dinner at Trattoria al 19 last week and it was one of the best meals we had in Rome. Their menu is not traditional Roman-- it's heavily Mediterranean, big on fish and seafood-- so this is not the place if you're looking for carbonara, saltimbocca, etc. But my girlfriend and I both got amazing pasta dishes (mine with mussels, which were divine) and the menu has enough variety to please anybody. The swordfish carpaccio was excellent and our pepper involtini were wonderful. We finished things off with the chocolate almond torta, which was delicious. Our server, Giuseppe, was very friendly, helpful, and passionate about the menu. He also recommended two outstanding digestifs for us. All in all, I recommend this to anybody looking for a great meal in Rome.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
orlando
“The best of everything you could ask for if you dont mind sitting inside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

The six of us and my 3 year old son just went the other day early and even though they were not open yet the waiter was so friendly and sat us and made us feel very welcome. The food was incredible and by far the best we have had yet and believe me we have had no bad meals here. The service was incredible considering there was only the one waiter and it got very busy the later it went into the evening. The food was the best we have all had. My mother in law accidentally broke a very big vase in the front which we all felt terrible for but the waiter never even batted an eye and made her feel much better. We could not be happier.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere