“Viva Italy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Assunta Madre

Assunta Madre
Via Giulia 14, 00186 Rome, Italy (Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori)
+39 06 6880 6972
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,355 of 8,545 Restaurants in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Chowder
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Yerevan, Armenia
“Viva Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Excelsior
Fish was very fresh , the stuff was friendly and professional, the atmosfer was gorgeous .
If you are gourmand and you are in Rome you should visit this place!!!

“It's The Fish Dummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our concierge recommended Assunta Madre because we were in the mood for oysters and some light fish. Being Sicilian and me Napolitan, between us I thin we knew something about good fish. She recommended Assunta and we were not disappointed. This is definitely a locals place which is exactly the type of place you want to go to when in Rome. Anybody can go to the western hotels and dine in their western ambiance. But tis is Rome. Everything I Rome is slow. Life is to be savoured like the fresh shrimp, oysters and sea bass carpaccio that was our frist course. So criticisms of the restaurant that poinbt to the service as being slow are just dea wrong. this is the tempo the Roman eat at. We then had sea bas cooked in salt and it was perfect. Outstanding wine list and very reasonably priced. Our only disappointment was we were told that the sea urchin at the restaurant is excellent, but they were out of it. So we will have to go back again!
The ambiance is great. This is absolutely not a business restaurant. This is for friends and lovers. Its romantic and buzzy at the same time. We tae outside which I think is best. The staff are super friendly, particularly if you make an effort to speak to them in their language no matter how bad you are at it. At the end of our meal we chatted with the owner and many of his staff, and I am sure when we go back we will be remembered and the evening will be even better.
This is one of the best restaurants I have had raw fish in the world. Only places in japan would be its equal.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Trieste, Italy
“Big expectations ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Well, big expectations can not always be confirmed .... Anyway let's start from the beginning. When you step into the restaurant you will find yourself like in a fish shop. The whole range of fish served in the restaurant is exposed ... good idea!!!
You may find to seat inside the restaurant or in the patio, just across the street from the Tevere river. The atmosphere is quiet and reserved. The staff is reserved but that's it!! nothing more....i would have loved to find people more involved into their job, people who can explain what you are going to eat and intrigue the client.
Than the fish, if well cooked, cannot fail to be good. But let say that i would have expected something more innovative for the price payed!!!

I would suggest it if you have to impress a client or someone with your wealth and your class...but do not lose time there for any other reason.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Tequisquiapan, Mexico
“Excellent Seafood Restaurant but S..L..O..W....... service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Monday evening in Rome and the restaurant we thought we had reservations for was closed (common for Monday's). So we asked our cab driver where he would recommend? He pulled up to the door and asked one of the employees, sure come on in. yeah food!!!
The restaurant is in a perfect central location, close to everything, walk or cab it. When you enter this narrow dark location there are hundreds of photo's of famous people covering the wall. The decor is inviting but there was no one there. Being Canadians I guess we are use to eating earlier (8:30pm) and we weren't sure what was going on.
Well, the large container in the front of the store began to be filled with local fish, anything you can imagine was there and it looked great.
Within 1 hour the restaurant was full even the "back room" where the special guests go.
We ordered a very good bottle of wine but beware the wine is way overpriced. We asked for a bottle of 2007/08 Tiganello (over 100.00 euro) and the server promptly said NO only 2010. When I asked about the quality compared and price, he simply said - same price! OK????
The food was very good and people watching interesting, but when I have to head into the kitchen after an hour to find out where my risotto with porcini mushrooms is I was not so happy.
I think if they know you or a large group the service is probably better, as was the large well dressed group of Italians across from us.
If you have time and really the food is very good then try it out. I would give a total score of 3.9/5.

rio de Janeiro
“Very nice fish restaurant for all tastes and styles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I visited and had mixed experiences. It is important to go before 8.30 otherwise the restaurant will be full and the service slows. We sat outside at the back on both occasions. Very pleasant with predominantly Italian guests but a fair sprinkling of tourists also.
Food was fresh, well done, and good value. Extensive wine list. I found that the main course and desert was plenty for me. Lots of tempting entrees but you may find that you have literally taken on more than you can eat.
Many people in suits and evening clothes, but also smart casual also. Relaxed atmosphere.