“Fabulous bed and breakfast in Rome” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #11 of 1,264 Hotels in Rome
Seattle, Washington
“Fabulous bed and breakfast in Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We recently stayed at the Palm Gallery, triple room, and really loved the experience. From a very warm reception upon arrival at the hotel, to assistance with our travel plans, they exceeded our expectations at every instance. They not only provided us with a map but gave us great tips on where to go and assistance for how to get there. I felt like each person from the hotel took a personal interest in our stay and did everything they could to make it a great one. The breakfasts were absolutely wonderful, the food variety and quantity left nothing lacking. A great value as part of the room rate! It felt like we were staying with friends, which is a wonderful thing in a strange city! Thank you Lorenzo, Luisa and every person that assisted us!! You were absolutely wonderful! Also the room was super quiet and very clean!

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor, super quiet and beautiful room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights in June, with my husband and elderly mother. The hotel is in a residential area, well served by buses. The rooms are fine and kept very clean. The breakfast buffet has everything you need, from freshly cooked omelettes to fresh fruit.
The owner and staff are the best, nothing was too much trouble, and they provided lots of information including local restaurant recommendations.
We were welcomed with a seat on the sunny terrace and a cold beer....just what we needed.
As other reviews have said, the hotel is out of the centre, but it is worth a short journey to enjoy a friendly, relaxing environment at the end of a busy day.

• Stayed June 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

From the moment you enter the hotel, you feel welcomed. Vincentio made me an freshly squeezed orange juice, offered a plate of pastries and he sat us down and explained the hotel, how to get around, the sites of Rome and the nearby restaurants. For breakfast, Lorenzo made us eggs and Luisa offered us her homemade tiramisus - she was trying a recipe for light, fluffy tiramisu which it was. Unfortunately we were only there for one night as we had to fly to Croatia the next day but it was a wonderful last night/day in Italy. To see us off, Lorenzo mixed us a mojita which had fresh cherry tomatoes, basil and lime. Would love to come back and stay there for longer. Thanks Luisa, Vincentio and Lorenzo for your hospitality.

Room Tip: We had the Liberty room which had eclectic furnishings and 2 corner windows. The rooms and breakfast...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
St. John's
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I travelled across Italy last summer, and this was the last hotel we stayed in. It was our most enjoyable stay, and it couldn't have been better! The staff was friendly, the breakfast was lovely (they even offered to make us omelette's), the rooms were beautiful and comfortable, and it was a short bus ride to the busy city. In our travels we learned that Italy can be pretty loud at night, which we didn't mind, but at the end of the trip it was nice to wind down here, as it is located on a quiet little street. When we returned from the city centre at night the staff would offer us a glass of wine, and even stayed to chat a bit! I cannot wait to return someday, hopefully soon!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My family's stay at the Palm Gallery was a special one, and actually one of my favorite parts of the trip! From the moment we arrived, it was clear that this was not "just a hotel", and that the wonderful people who run it (Luisa, Daniel, Lorenzo, Vincenzo, et al) are more of a family than a group of co-workers. We stayed for about 10 days, and even just a few days into our trip, we felt like we were family as well!

Every aspect of our stay was above and beyond my expectation, especially the AMAZING breakfast (FRESH meats, cheese, bread, pastries, eggs made to order, a different homemade cake made by Luisa, freshly squeezed orange juice...what's not to like? NOTE: Americans, leave your desire for a big, greasy breakfast at home and embrace the lifestyle of another culture! Isn't that why you're here???). The hotel itself was beautiful, and the staff was always making sure everything was well-maintained. For example, we went out early one morning and saw Luisa gardening, and when we came back around 7 in the evening she was still out there working! It's clear that our Palm Gallery family loves what they're doing, and the hard work they put into it is evident in every aspect!

Another thing I really liked about staying at the Palm Gallery was the neighborhood - quiet, away from the touristy areas but still easy to get to major attractions via public transit or cab. There are plenty of stores and restaurants easily within walking distance (GO TO EMILIO'S!!!).

When we left, we were all sad to say goodbye, but I plan to keep in touch with my new Roman family, and I will definitely be back soon!

Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were lucky there was availability for us to stay here for our last night in Rome. This was our best stay in Rome. First - the service: impeccable, prompt and courteous. Things like our bags placed in my room, cappuccino brought to my room, welcome drinks on the sunny open balcony all went toward making me wish we had spent every night in Rome here. The room was so cozy and so "Rome": romantic, spacious and comfortable. The reading sunroom on the 2nd floor? Fantastic. My only regret was that I left too early (6:30am) to enjoy the incredible breakfast spread that was being set-up when our car service arrived. This will be my destination on my next trip to Rome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a fun, beautiful place to stay in Rome. It is away from all the crowds, which makes it quiet and a welcome reprieve from the throngs of tourists. I traveled here with my dad. We were welcomed with a complimentary bottle of wine and enjoyable conversation with the hosts. During our stay, Daniel and Lorenzo helped us with everything from planning our day, making reservations to see the Sistine Chapel, and navigate the train system. The hosts also gave great recommendations for restaurants and nightlife nearby. Breakfast is very good (and filling) and is served in a pretty room downstairs. My dad and I were able to walk to most of the sites from the hotel, though if you prefer a bus, there is a stop close by. The hotel is immaculate and quiet as well, while still "homey." We wanted to stay an extra day and will definitely return if I visit rome again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Palm Gallery Hotel? Share your experiences!