“Best stay in Rome” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Delray Beach, Florida
“Best stay in Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were lucky there was availability for us to stay here for our last night in Rome. This was our best stay in Rome. First - the service: impeccable, prompt and courteous. Things like our bags placed in my room, cappuccino brought to my room, welcome drinks on the sunny open balcony all went toward making me wish we had spent every night in Rome here. The room was so cozy and so "Rome": romantic, spacious and comfortable. The reading sunroom on the 2nd floor? Fantastic. My only regret was that I left too early (6:30am) to enjoy the incredible breakfast spread that was being set-up when our car service arrived. This will be my destination on my next trip to Rome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a fun, beautiful place to stay in Rome. It is away from all the crowds, which makes it quiet and a welcome reprieve from the throngs of tourists. I traveled here with my dad. We were welcomed with a complimentary bottle of wine and enjoyable conversation with the hosts. During our stay, Daniel and Lorenzo helped us with everything from planning our day, making reservations to see the Sistine Chapel, and navigate the train system. The hosts also gave great recommendations for restaurants and nightlife nearby. Breakfast is very good (and filling) and is served in a pretty room downstairs. My dad and I were able to walk to most of the sites from the hotel, though if you prefer a bus, there is a stop close by. The hotel is immaculate and quiet as well, while still "homey." We wanted to stay an extra day and will definitely return if I visit rome again!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I loved this hotel. In Rome for 4 nights as a couple, we were welcomed as warmly as old friends. The room was spacious, clean and elegantly decorated, with large windows overlooking the street. The bed (two singles together) was very comfortable. Bathroom with a shower fulfilled the needs well. The neighborhood is pretty and quiet--very Italian. The location is out of the way, but still allowed us easy access to everything you'd want in Rome (via taxi, metro or bus). We loved walking around, so did a lot of that in the area, visiting restaurants, shops and bars. The hotel has an outside patio (on which we enjoyed a bottle of wine) and a spacious cellar-like basement where breakfast (included) is served. All this was at a very reasonable rate.

But as good as the physical amenities and location are, the owners and staff were even better! The catered to our every need, from the airport car to the restaurant and sights recommendations. Coming from the US, we slept in late adjusting to time difference, and the staff even called us to see if we wanted breakfast... at 1 pm in the afternoon!! I have never said this about a hotel, but I really felt like I was visiting family.

Thank you, Palm Gallery!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

1st class, received like family from the word go. Everything is great but especially the staff you can see that Vincenso,Lorenzo and Daniel love working there and when you stay you'll understand why, nothing too much trouble.they chill you out when you arrive, make breakfast easygoing and sort everything out for you tickets, restaurants they even sent for oranges to squeeze when they ran out. I would go back to Rome just for the hotel alone.Worth every euro,The owner even drove us to the airport nuff said.
Adam, Crystal Palace.

Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

To begin with, "It was more than we expected" or " I cannot wait to go back", seems inadequate to describe our time @ The Palm Gallery. I certainly do agree with the many other "excellent " reviews offered here by other TA member/visitors but my honest impression here is a little more emotional. Both our grandparents were Italian-born immigrants to the USA. Luisa and Daniel's bestowed warmth and honesty was not lost on us. Their hard work to provide great service and a most pleasant home was evidenced every day. Lorenzo, Vincenzzo and the entire staff demonstrated a dedicated effort to ensure our comfort and assisted us in any way to help us navigate our vacation in Rome. The sincerity and hospitality was real and I cannot wait to go back.

Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We wouldn't think about taking a trip without checking with TA first. Palm Gallery was another winner. We liked the quiet, off the beaten path, neighborhood. To get to the sites of Rome you will definitely need to take the bus, metro, or taxi. We used the bus (no problems) and the bus stop is just a short five minute walk. There are no immediate restaurants, but a variety of good food places await discovery within a comfortable stroll. Palm Gallery has an old world feel and we felt like we were staying at a B&B rather than a hotel. Breakfast offered a nice selection of breads and the eggs were cooked to order. No complaints there. Rather that repeat all the good things travelers have already stated, I'll list a couple of things I believe Palm Gallery can do every better. 1. If you are an American and love your pillow-top mattress at home...brace yourself ...the beds are like sleeping on an ironing board. 2. There was no Kleenex in the room. Every hotel asking $200+ should provide a box of Kleenex. 3. The courtyard to the immediate right of the entrance should be gardened and groomed (it was overgrown with weeds and stored junk). Every time I passed by I thought how lovely it would be if it were converted into a garden retreat for afternoon tea...why let such a prime space go to waste? We stayed three nights at Palm Gallery and feel comfortable recommending it to others.

Room Tip: We had the Liberty room. It was on the corner and provided a cool cross breeze.