“Great location and Very friendly host” 5 of 5 stars

Summer Specials
Ranked #36 of 3,035 Rome B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great location and Very friendly host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Marco's bb for four nights. It was a great experience. The place felt very home-like. The room is spacious, clean, and comfy. The shared bath was never a issue for us. The roof terrace was amazing. It was literally a few steps from Spanish steps. The room was very quiet considering it is located at the heart of Roma. Marco was so personable and helpful. He great us many great advices that saved us some trouble. We would definitely come back again if we get to visit Rome again. can't wait to see how the terrace will look like after Marco's renovation.

Joy and David

• Stayed November 2012
Marco Valerio A, Owner at Domus Valeria Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Many thanks for your nice review and words. I wish you all the best and I hope to see you once again in the next near future.

Marco V.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I spent three fantastic days at Domus Valeria in October. In our opinion, it's not only the best place to stay in Rome...it's the only place to stay. Marco welcomed us into his apartment and made us feel comfortable right from the start. He went the extra mile for us every day of our stay by offering advice and assistance, particularly when our flight back to the United States was cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy. Airline representatives told us it might take a week to get us on another flight. Marco used his skills and connections as a former travel agent to help us arrange a way home. He spent nearly four hours assisting us and personally ran over to the travel agency to pick up our tickets. We are grateful for the wonderful hospitality and care he offered during our stay. We look forward to returning to Rome and to Domus Valeria soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Beginning with the title you have chosen.

Hope to see you soon.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I would like to thank Marco for hosting us. We really enjoyed our stay at Domus Valeria.
Location was great - The hotel is just few steps from Spanish Stairs and 10-15 mins away from the most know places in Rome. The rooms are clear and comfortable. I would definetely rate the hotel as excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Marco Valerio A, Owner at Domus Valeria Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your nice review.

I hope to see you in the next near future.

Greetings from Rome

Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We cannot say enough good things about this experience. The innkeeper, Marco was incredible: gracious, kind, helpful and a top notch host. His rooms are lovely and quiet and the breakfast was the best we had on our Italy trip. He and his partner, Erik, do an amazing job. We will be back when we visit Rome next time!

Room Tip: As for one of the rooms closest to the bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
thanks for the nice review, but above all for the nice words to me: I really wonder if I deserve all these compliments! The truth is that most of my guests during this 2012 were fantastic. Like you! Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I rarely write reviews but feel I need to for Domus Valeria. I stayed for 6 days with my girlfriend and would not consider anywhere else when I go back to Rome next. This is an absolute gem of a B&B in a beautiful old apartment building on one of the most sought after streets bang in the centre of Rome - perfectly located for touring and/ or dining. It is spotlessly clean and spacious with many attractive features including a great roof terrace where you have breakfast. Although it is a B&B and not a 'fancy hotel' it has crisp linens, fluffy towels and bathrobes robes, free access to a Nesspresso machine and freshly baked cakes that make it a pretty luxurious experience nonetheless. Breakfasts are ample and excellent and will cater for difficult diets. As said by many Marco is charming and is really the perfect host. He was always available when we needed him to give excellent advice on restaurants, bars, directions, book things etc etc and yet he never felt like an owner but much more like a friend and made us feel extremely comfortable. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in the red room which was spacious and well furnished with a large window but had a peak i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Marco Valerio A, Owner at Domus Valeria Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Chris,

thank you very much for the wonderful review.

For me it is always a great pleasure to have guests in the house as you.

Hope to see you soon, and I wish you all the best!

Marco
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed with Marco at his B&B for 5 nights to kick off the start of our month long trip in Italy. It was really a perfect place for us in Rome given the amazing location just 50 metres or so to the Spansih steps.

The rooms and his apartment are large and clean. You really feel like you are staying at a good friend's home. The rooftop area was great and where we enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning.

It is great value for money, Marco is a perfect host and we would reccommend staying here most definitely.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Marco Valerio A, Proprietario at Domus Valeria Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your nice review.
Hope to see you in the next near future.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

If I were rating Domus Valeria purely on the criteria of a hotel, it wouldn't get a five star rating. Don't expect a traditional five star hotel when you are coming here. However the experience of staying at Domus Valeria far exceeded those at much "higher quality" hotels and B&B's. Domus Valeria is about the people and thats what I enjoy most about travel. We stayed in a much posher B&B while in Rome as well and I will book DV as my first choice when I come back for my next visit.

1. This is a proudly gay owned B&B and we felt totally welcomed the moment we arrived. Over the week we were there there were several other guests staying, both gay and straight, and it made for a very fun and comfortable mix.

2. Marco helped us out with all our little issues and problems, even when we didn't ask. He printed maps, gave great recommendations, helped us with online reservations, and chatted with us as if we were part of his family. There is a very genuine, caring feeling to this place.

3. The location is awesome, breakfast every morning on the rooftop was a treat, and even though you share common areas and bathrooms, we were never disturbed or felt a loss of privacy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Marco Valerio A, Proprietario at Domus Valeria Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
I want to thank you for your wonderful review.

Your words struck me!

You have understood and shared the philosophy of my house, and I'm glad to hear that your stay was nice.

Hope to see you in the near future

Marco V.

Been to Domus Valeria Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!