“Traveling in Italy made Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 593 Tours & Activities in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Tours and Trips all over Italy, based in Rome & Tuscany for your driving tours and private shore excursion. 27 years experience. Enjoy Italy with us. Experience the real Italy !! GPT&T provides all types of Transportation and Touring Services in/to or from Italy, driving spotless, late-model Mercedes vehicles and using fully licensed, insured, professional English speaking drivers. With GPT&T, you can relax and enjoy the ride. We have a NEW tour, Rome guided tour by Golf Carts. We drive the narrow streets where the locals live and work and special tour for disables.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Denver, Colorado
“Traveling in Italy made Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I took my Dad's 6 sisters (ages 65 - 82 years old!) to Italy and Roberto and Andreas from Gioia Tours made our experience so easy and also enhanced the experience in so many ways! The Limo Golf Cart in Rome was the way to go, we saw the city with ease and the "back roads".

When we left Rome, Roberto picked us up in a beautiful Mercedes Van and off we went to discover the rest of Italy. His knowledge of the country and the ability to get you ANYWHERE you want to go is amazing! They know the places to go, the places to eat, the places to avoid.

Seriously, the best decision I have ever made when deciding how to tour with a group of people.

I HIGHLY recommend these guys, they made my trip more meaningful, incredibly easy, and fun! Worth every single penny!

Visited October 2012
Roberto C, Manager at Gioia Private Tours & Trips, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you very much Terry for your very nice review and also thanks to TA for their job !!
I am very happy to hear from you that Y'all had good time in Italy and went back home with something that I always hope to give my client-guests, the experience to visit a different country and enjoy the people and culture.
Hope to see all of you back in Italy as soon as possible for more adventures !!
Ciao a presto
Roberto (Roma) & Andreas (Tuscany) of Gioia Tours and Trips.

“Wish I Could Give 100 Stars, Best Day/Adventure Ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you are researching what to do while in Italy, you can stop right here. I cannot recommend Roberto and this tour highly enough!! It is worth every euro we spent. We were a party of 6, three brothers and wives, and spent a glorious, sunny day in October, 2012 touring Rome with Roberto and Victor via golf carts. We had 2 carts and traded around so we could hear information, tips and stories as told by both of these charming gentlemen. We toured all the main sites as well as so many "off the beaten path." Your itinerary is flexible, and you see everything from a unique and fascinating perspective that only Roberto can offer. His knowledge is astounding, and we learned so much throughout the day. The flexibility afforded by the golf carts was incredible.. Roberto takes you down the tiny side streets that you would never see via automobile or bus. He knows everyone, which makes you feel like a "local" as you visit his favorite spots for coffee, gelato, and lunch. By the end of the day, we felt like we were leaving old friends. Roberto even got us into some places that were "booked," but again, he is ROBERTO and is known and loved by all. We spent 2 amazing weeks traveling all over Italy, and we all voted this to be our favorite day of the trip. We will definitely use Roberto (and company) the next time we are in Italy, as he takes tours all over the country. The golf carts are just in Rome at this point, but he has luxurious Mercedes vans for touring other parts of the country (and for inclement weather in Rome). We also used his driver to pick us up at the airport.. he was reasonable and on time, couldn't ask for more. If you want a first class tour that will give you memories to last a lifetime, this is it. Thank you, Roberto!!!

Visited October 2012
Roberto C, Manager at Gioia Private Tours & Trips, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Buongiorno from Rome !Thank you very much for the very nice review you have posted for me.
I am sure that many other people will be very happy to read your note and I guess it will be helpful for my business and helpful for TA friends.
I love doing tours and show people the beauty of my country with passion and you have been the judge, It's been a pleasure to meet you and hope to see you soon and have more fun !
Ciao a presto.

Roberto
PS : I love when people I met, go back home with a wonderful memory of their trip.!!
Thank you Trip Advisor !!
Hong Kong, China
“Great company, beautiful tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My family and I were in Rome during the Christmas period (2012). Roberto and Sabino were great company and we really enjoyed ourselves. Thank you for giving us such a great time in Rome and Tuscany!

Visited December 2012
Roberto C, Manager at Gioia Private Tours & Trips, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you very much for the very nice review you have posted for me on Trip Advisor.
I am sure other people will be very happy to read your note and maybe help my business.
You know that I love doing tours and show people the beauty of my country with passion.

Hope you have had a wonderful experience in Italy and look forward to see you soon.
Ciao a presto
Roberto

Thank you Trip Advisor !!
Singapore, Singapore
“Tuscany with Roberto and Sabino Around Rome - Tan Family (Singapore)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our family found Gioia's Private Tours and Trips online; website was easy to navigate. The day trips to Tuscany and around Rome, with Roberto and Sabino respectively, on 22 and 23 December 2012 were simply marvelous! Both are friendly, accommodating and welcomed us to Rome on our second trip to Italy. They showed great enthusiasm on what Tuscany and Rome had to offer in a day and with great recommendations and sights, lunches was just superb (fantastic mangiare places). Roberto's introduction to Tuscany including Montepulciano, Montalcino, Pienza, including the Sant'Antimo Abbey in a leisurely drive, and narratives along the way was such a pleasant experience that was well worth it. Sabino's equally pleasant attitude and love of sharing Rome's history (St Peter's the so many Chiesa's, Colosseo and Catacombs) with us was great! Anyone out there wanting a great tour of Rome and environs, Roberto Contursi and his team ARE the guys!!! Thanks a million guys!!!

EDMONTON
“Rome with Roberto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I were planning a visit to Rome over the Christmas holidays but having never been to Italy and without being able to speak the language were a little bit nervous. Friends recommended Roberto Contursi and BOY! were we glad they did. Roberto helped advise me what tours would be best for our short stay, all via email ahead of time and even offered to arrange transfers from the airport for us. It was like having a far away friend to lean on. The private tours were amazing and really brought the city to life. My husband and I both feel that our day with Roberto was the ultimate highlight of our three week European adventure. Roberto is very professional, knowledgeable, funny and entertaining host and he showed us more than we could have dreamed was possible. We saw Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Coliseum, Campo Di' Fiori, Piazza Navona, the "Spanish Steps", Circus Maximus and more as well as making us feel comfortable with finding our own way around once our tour had ended. Thank you Roberto, for showing us your Roma!