“Value for Money!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residenza Borghese

You added Residenza Borghese to your Saves list
Residenza Borghese
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Sardegna, 55, 00187 Rome, Italy (Ludovisi / Via Veneto)   |
Ranked #722 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Lisboa
“Value for Money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Excelent choise to buget and design oriented clients to visit Rome! Yes, doesnt have social areas but do you really need it? Nice and modern rooms with 4star quality. Excelent and profissional personal at reception desk. Good choise for families and/or couples without concerns about sound isolation. Very good choice to visit Rome.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
London UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

My partner and I travelled to Rome in February 2012 and stayed at Residenza Borghese.

First Day
We arrived, registered and went to the room.
First impresion was OK, we've checked the bed, toilet and the room seems clean.
We went for a walk and came back at 11:00 pm we wanted to watch TV, but the television didn't work. Also the temperature inside the room was a bit cold so I wanted to use the bedspread, but I couldn't as it has marks of ejaculation, how gross.

Second day;
Woke up with back pain as the beds are uncomfortable and hard.
I called the reception in he morning and requested a TV exchange. The lady agreed to send some technician.
We spent the day visiting Vatican Museum and St Peter Basilica. We arrive at 10:00 pm the TV still not being repared. I called again and a guy at the reception apologised and said he will send somebody in the next morning.

Third day
I felt I lose the battle and I am not going to ruin my days in Rome because the useless management do not bother to fix the TV.

Fourth day
Went to hand back the room key and the guy at the reception apologises again and he kindly did not apply the overnight charges introduced in some hotels in Italy, 12 euros BIG DEAL.
We left the premises and travelled back to London.

I felt upset because I though we had a great deal, but for the next time I will pay more for my stay and get a great Roman Holiday.
A Customer doesn't need apologies, we need actions, if something is not working in the room the Manager must fixed, if something is not clean, just change it. I really do not like the italian attitude. Business means business. In the time we live a small detail makes a big difference and a happy Customer will return to the Residenza Borghese also with a nice review.
I am not a happy Customer.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
kevin7lewis, Front Office Manager at Residenza Borghese, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Guest,
I was personally very surprised by your comments as when you left the hotel you thanked us for the lovely time you had and said that the only problem you encountered was the tv.
Our housekeeping clean the rooms daily and change all the sheets (including the bedspread) everyday. Those are sent to a professional laundry that delivers cleaned and disinfected sheets every day. This is why, as you said our rooms are very cleaned.
Concerning the bed, unfortunately this is a very subjective matter. Our mattresses are orthopedic and most of our customers have said that they have never slept so well. But some people are used to softer mattresses and this is why we have special covers that we apply to the mattresses to make them softer if the guest requires it. Unfortunately you did not mention this problem to the reception staff and we could not give you this option.
Concerning the TV, we have had the technician checking on the TV on the first day, but unfortunately there was a piece that had to be replaced that he had to order and took him 3 days to deliver to us. We are extremely sorry for this inconvenience and apologize again if this has caused you problems. The staff and myself really hope to make it up to you in the future and try to make you change your mind on the quality of our services, if you would like to stay with us on your next trip to Rome.
Sincerely

Arianna Sisto
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed in the accomodation for 2 nights with my 2 teenage sons. When we returned from a walk on our first day, one of the Managers ( a small man with a mustache) ushered me into our room. He accused me in front of my Sons of having damaged the writing table and he pointed to an area on the table where the veneer had crinkled and lifted. He said that they would have to get the table repaired and it would cost 180 euros. He said I would have to pay this. He spoke to me like I was a criminal rather than a guest. I was totally shocked since we had been in the room less than 24 hours. I told him I was unaware of what happened the table and that the only thing we had used that table for was to have breakfast .(They serve a breakfast in the room because there is no common dining area. In the room itself the only place it is possible to sit and eat is at this cheap veneered table.) He said I must have put someting hot on it. I said I did not recall anything been placed on it apart from the breakfast utilities.. He said I should think about it and he left the room. In the meantime I pointed out to him that the bathroom radiator was not working. He said dismissively that it was not his problem as it was controlled via the building heating system.
The next morning on checking out he insisted on me paying for the alleged damages which I reluctantly did.
This experience completely ruined our weekend. I did nothing wrong but was treated like a criminal rather than a guest. The Man had the most appalling manner and was abrupt , rude and dismissive. I do not know what happened the cheap veneer table. Perhaps the damage happened before we arrived although he insisted it did not. Perhaps some drops of hot water spilled, I do not know. It was a cheap table with very little value and you are expected to eat breakfast on it.
There is no doubt in my mind that I was fraudently robbed and I am making an official complaint to the Commune di Roma and Apt prov Roma. I have also complained to Last minute.com.
This is not a hotel. It is a group of rooms let to holiday makers and managed on site. They are not apartments since apartments provide cooking facilites.The furniture and finishings in the main bedroom are cheap and clearly not built to withstand any wear and tear. They are not of hotel standard but rather are like something bought from Ikea.
Incidentally the shower outlet was partially blocked judging by the fact that the shower tray filled up very quickly with water and began to overflow. I am certain that if there had been water damage I would have been blamed and billed.
I am sincerely advising you to stay clear of this accomodation. It is neither one thing or another. There is a real possibility that you will be accused of causing some damage. For example some things that presently do not work properly are:
Bathroom door has no lock and does not close completely.
Shower tray as described above.
Radiator in bedroom not funtioning

I travel a lot and this is undoubtedly my worst experience ever. You have been warned

Room Tip: Stay away. The rooms are small and furnished cheaply. Staff will dismiss your concerns if something...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
kevin7lewis, Direttore at Residenza Borghese, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to tell all the readers the story from our point of view. As advertised in all our websites we serve breakfast with room service as we believe is more intimate and make you feel more at home. We have had some very positive feedbacks on this but, naturally, some people prefer having a breakfast room. We understand that and this is why we make sure that it is well specified everywhere so that we can avoid misunderstandings.
In all our rooms we have also coffee and tea maker (placed on a very large Plexiglas tray) that is complimentary for our guests. I believe that it is common sense that if you pour boiling water on a wooden table it will cause damages, and this is exactly what happened. Accidents can happen to anyone, especially if you have children, and no one thinks (or ever said to the guest) that this was done on purpose. But i think that it is also understandable that if something is severely damaged (that needs to be replaced) because of an accident you will be asked to pay for the damages you have caused.
Our furniture is all done by a local carpenter that made every piece unique and as a consequence very pricy. We have invoices that prove the value of that table and the guest was only asked to pay for that amount. This is why all the complains he had made to lastminute.com and the city council did not give rise to further actions.
Moreover, I would like to point out, that the guest has agreed to pay compensation for the damages caused, and he admitted it had been an accident.
What I really would like to apologize for is, if my colleague has not handled this situation in the appropriate manner which sounds very unusual to me, as we have only had great reviews on our staff competence and kindness so far. But as I said, if so, please accept my apologies.
Best Regards
Arianna Sisto
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed 4 night in this hotel. Very clean, modern an renovated rooms, though a bit small (understandable because of the low rate). Safe area, near the American Embassy.

However, I found it a little far from attractions and from public transportation. Also, there were no wireless internet in the rooms, only in the reception area, so I had to go there to check email. The staff told me they would improve this point soon.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

I booked this room in November based on the reviews and pictures from the website for my husband and two children. I specifically booked bigger family room with the table and couch because we are a family of four. Instead when we were shown our room I was completely in shock. It had a double bed, two singles pushed together and two cotts and was told this was the family room -the bed was so hard it was like sleeping on a plank. The room stunk of smoke, and when I let the gentleman at the reception know my son had asthma he could care less, and said it was too bad because the room was non refundable. We had a room facing the street, and we could hear cars from the adjacent streets, as well as everyone walking by.

Breakfast is served in the room, with only one chair to sit on. You get one croissant, and a few dry rolls with nutella and jam, and some yoghurt with usually no spoon to eat it with. Coffee is instant cappuccino which is pretty disgusting. Coming from Venice and Florence where the hotels lived up to expectations, and the pictures and reviews, this was very very disappointing. The guy at reception offered that we could move to a larger room for $75 Euros, but the room was old and smelled, and the comforter looked very suspicious, so we elected to stay in the room that resembled a family jail cell.

On the plus side, the location is close to Via Veneto and not too far a walk to everything else, and the rooms and bathrooms are clean. I would not recommend this "hotel".

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

It is only a modern furnished inn where you MUST have breakfast in your room which is not equipped for it at all. You must have breakfast at a writing desk which has only a chair to sit down.
The rooms are badly soundproof so you can hear every little noise coming from the other rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Well, as some of the other reviewers we got a little lost in the beginning until we find the right elevator (the second one!!):D But it was more like funny.

The staff was really friendly and helpful. I had to contact them via email before i book the hotel and they responded quickly with all the information i needed! And even if i don't speak excellent Italian they were so patient and kind to me! Not to be misunderstood' they all speak english of course, i just promised myself to use italian only for this trip:P

About the rooms. You know those hotels of which you see their photos online, but when you arrive there you are absolutely certain that you are in the wrong hotel? Well this has nothing to do with this residence. Our rooms were better than what we expected. Modern, comfortable and truly clean!

Last but not least, the location! 3 minutes walk to Via Veneto and bus stop and 10-15 minutes to Piazza di Spagna makes it a very conveniently located hotel. We could go out in the morning, return in the afternoon for a rest and a shower and go out again without wasting hours and hours on the way.

So i highly recommend this residence-hotel and i hope for anyone to enjoy his stay as much as we did!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Residenza Borghese? Share your experiences!