“Rome in a Day” 5 of 5 stars

Book Now

Ranked #57 of 722 activities in Rome
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: At Roman Empire Tours we want to bring you on a journey of enlightenment through the millenia that have coincided with the existence of this remarkable place. Our guides will bring you on a cultural awakening as you discover the histories of Ancient Rome, Renaissance Rome and Papal Rome.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Rome in a Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 NEW

We booked two Roman Empire tours: the Colosseum with Jimmy in the morning and the Vatican with Johnny in the afternoon. Both guides were fantastic- knowledgeable, personable and wiling to please. They obviously enjoy their work. Highly recommend!

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville
“Roman Connection Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I contracted with this tour company before I left home I have difficulty walking and would never be able to tour Roma on my own. Although it was very expensive, it was well worth the price paid. Franko met us at the ship in Civitavecchia and took my sister and I to beautiful Roma.In two days he showed us all of Rome. Because he grew up in Rome, he knew all the back streets to take to avoid a lot of walking. He very patiently got my walker out of the back and pointed me in the righ direction to see everything. He was like a History Teacher....teaching us everything and later quizing us on it. When there were things I couldn't walk and see, he would let my sister off and we would stay in the cool car waiting for her. For lunch each day he took us where the locals eat and one day met us with fresh cannilon because I had asked him about it. He hired Lucy to give us a Vatican Tour. She was outstanding. They both spoke English very well. I would not have seen or understood any fo this trip with out a guide like Franko and Lucy.

Erie, Pennsylvania
“Worth your time, effort & expense!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We just finished 3 days of tours - started with Rome City tour, next day Forum & Colosseum and last day was Vatican. Shay and Jimmy were great for the bookings including helping to accommodate for weather issues, a city strike at the Forum and changes in our hotel shuttle drop off. Our guide for most of this was Jimmy who is a knowledgeable, personable, adaptable and fun guide. We were not sure what to expect, but this was great! They helped us out as our internet connections were sketchy at times with trying to book tickets ahead of schedule. We were very impressed and we would book them again if we return. They were also much more reasonable than others as well. Our 12 yr old son enjoyed these tours as well due to the guides attention & stories.

Warwick
8 attraction reviews
“Highly recommend ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Following the many recommendations on Trip Advisor I booked 2 tours with Empire Tours:-a private Colosseum one with Jimmy and a Rome Highlights one with Louise. Both were excellent but Jimmy's Colosseum tour was fantastic. Never have I met a more exciting, passionate, well learned guide. If you want a guide for the Colosseum / Rome look no further than Jimmy and Empire Tours!

Rome, Italy
“Memento Roma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Rome has a lot of stories to tell. From the Colosseum to Piazza Navona you pass through 1,400 years of history. You can easily feel lost between battles, conspiracies and gossip from the rise to the fall of the Roman Empire if you don't have someone to explain what you are looking at. Jimmy and Louise are the perfect storytellers and historians that you need to walk you through one of the most fascinating cities of all time. From history to art, the two cousins are beyond passionate and knowledgable. I did a tour with both and they each showed me the beautiful monuments of the city, bringing out the beauty of the ancient history still immortal today in those sights.