“Fabulous stay. A great find and we thoroughly recommend it.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of My Guest Roma

We can't find prices for this accommodation
My Guest Roma
Viale 21 Aprile 12 | Int 1 e int 3, 00162 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #8 of 2,698 Rome B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous stay. A great find and we thoroughly recommend it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

What a great little place to stay. Stefano the owner goes out of his way to make sure that you have an unforgettable visit. He is on a mission to give the best service possible and he doesn't disappoint. (We asked a random question about Roman Law before arrival as my daughter will study this and he sent a full break down of places to go, how to get there and opening times etc and more). He is very helpful, charming and considerate.
The twin room we had was very comfortable with fresh flowers, a TV and a fridge and ample closet space. It has a modern feel with a very nice big bathroom. Breakfast is nice and fresh and the coffee is good too.
I couldn't recommend it more highly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

627 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stefano was extremely helpful and attentive from the moment we arrived. He speaks flawless English and helped us plan our stay. Breakfast was good, especially the coffee! We had a quiet two-bedroom suite, which was spacious with high ceilings and balconies overlooking the street.

However, parking was difficult. Stefano provides a space (several blocks away) for a price (15 Euro a day), but you probably should never drive a car in Rome anyway. However, with a Metro system that's worse than LA's, you have no alternative but to take cabs or walk. And this B&B is far from the central action.

On the plus side, it's a quiet neighborhood near a university, so it feels safe. There's an awesome art-themed bar with a buffet across the street called MOMART. Great crowd and always packed.

So to sum up: Quiet, roomy, great host and good breakfast, but parking is difficult, and it's kind of far from the city center. As long as you have time to get around the city, like 3 days or more, it's an overall good value.

Room Tip: Get the suite.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
StefanoYMilano, Owner at My Guest Roma, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Thank you for your kind words. It makes me happy when my Guests appreciate my lodgings and my attitude and efforts to make them feel at home. I have put all my love in refurbishing and decorating the rooms preserving their 1930’s character while making them hospitable and modern: I’m always moved when people are pleased about it! I am also very happy that you liked the breakfast – we go out of our way to give our guests an experience of a real Italian breakfast (and coffee!) rather than the normal fare they get in some other places. We are lucky to be in a quiet, safe, and nice neighborhood and we also enjoy the bars and clubs nearby. Finally, thanks for your appreciation of my efforts to speak passable English!

You are perfectly right about some of the things you said of Rome: indeed it is difficult to manage the traffic jams in a car. The metro is – and will be in the near future – still under construction and this is a big problem for us living here. On the other hand, the bus service is efficient and it allows you to enjoy sightseeing of the town. Fortunately, my place is pretty well connected by the bus service to wherever you want to go in Rome, and I think it is a true plus for my Guests. As a matter of facts just around the corner there are bus stops for lots of lines driving you in all directions and letting you be in the city center in 15 minutes.

I know that moving around by car is tempting: the car gives more freedom. Yet, given the fact that the center of Rome is in any case closed for private traffic, we normally recommend that our guests do not hire a car and use public transportation or simply walk (there are some great attractions within the walking distance!). I myself and most Romans, never drive to the center in my car.
We do keep a parking space 5 min away for those who want to leave their car near the B&B or who want to hire a car for excursions outside of Rome. It is private and thus it is accessible 24/7 ( while normally parking lots in Rome have limited hours of operation ) .
I look forward having you as my guests in the near future. My warmest regards, Stefano
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Stefano is an excellent host, great room and an excellent location. If you can walk long distances it's a great place to walk all of Rome. Eddy

Room Tip: Enjoyed my stay, hope to return with my wife!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed at My Guest Roma with my parents in April this year. Stefano was hugely helpful when booking our rooms suggesting the four of us stayed in the 2 BDRM apt and then as my parents were only staying for part of our trip my husband and i could move down into a double room. Stefano greeted us personally and spent a lot of time with a map making recommendations on what to see and do which was massively helpful. The rooms we stayed in were spotlessly clean and the breakfasts were delicous with fresh pastries. Stefano could not have been more lovely and welcoming - we had a fantastic stay and would definitely return!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Stefano is a fantastic host. He made sure he could meet us as we arrived, offered us all the advice we needed and was at pains to ensure our comfort.
The location is good with the bus route less than a block away, and the Metro ~7 minutes walk.
His advice on where to eat suited us perfectly, with us returning to the same restaurant a second time to enjoy good food and vibe and good value.
I am very happy to recommend My Guest Roma to any visitors to Rome.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

We are observant Jews who look for places that are kosher- and Shabbat-friendly, but, on the other side, do not have a ghetto-like quality. My Guest Roma is definitely the best such place in Italy, and one of the best I've even been to, anywhere. It has all the facilities one needs for Shabbat and serves a perfectly kosher breakfast and simultaneously is bright, clean, modern and full of people of different ethnic backgrounds and religions. Stefano is a great host, too.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at My Guest Roma. It is in an outer neighborhood but right on the busline and a moments walk to the metro. Many very nice restaurants in the area along with all the other shops you might want or need. I enjoyed the walk down the adjoining Via Nomentini down to the Trevi fountains area which was a lovely walk and took perhaps 20 minutes if I deduct the time I took for caffe' expresso and...Gelato :)
The single guest room was spacious and well appointed, very clean with extra touches such as flowers.
The building was very secure, which as a solo female traveler, I appreciated. Stefano was very pleasant and took time to outline transportation, meal and tourist site options. He personally served cappuccino in the morning and presented guest with a lovely breakfast. I stayed 3 nights upon the beginning of my trip and then 2 weeks later returned for 2 nights at the close of my trip. I will absolutely return on my next visit to Italy, until then ciao! Ciao!

• Stayed May 2011

Been to My Guest Roma? Share your experiences!