“We went twice!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Perth, United Kingdom
“We went twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is unheard of!! We never go back to a restaurant on holiday, as there's so many more to experience, but this place was great. A sort of efficient 'Fawlty Towers'. The house red is not bad for the price and the food is good and plentiful, but the highlight is the very entertaining waiter!! Great food, wine and entertainment at a reasonable price. ps the mozarella starter is bigger than your head!!!!!!

Visited February 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Yums!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

After my friend read the reviews on trip advisor and read that this place was highly recommended, she decided to just force me to visit this restaurant.

Omg, it was crowded and but the waiter was attentive to us and got us a seat. We didn't need to queue long though. If u néed to queue I think it's worth it.

Then our tables was really near the other tables which was fine cos I realised tt space is not impt for dining in Rome. Everywhere is crowded and near.

The waiters did take a little some time to take orders cos they were busy but this is fine because of the quality of food ure getting.

So I looked at the menu and wanted to order a steak w lemon sauce and herbs but the waiter told me its raw which was a good thing because I don't eat raw beef. I guess he must have had experience that diners din know it was prepared as raw beef. I appreciate that.

Then I change my order to loin of veal since my friend did mention tt previous diners mentioned tt it was good. And I order roast potatoes since another table had it and looked good. My friend ordered ravioli pasta.

When my food arrived and I had my first bite, mama Mia! Delicious! Nicely grilled, nicely salted (not too salty) and decent tenderness! Yums! It's one of the meals I wld definitely go back if I have the time! Yummy!

I tried the ravioli, it was very decent too but I'm a meat eater so the loin of veal was SUPERB!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“I've had better Italian food in Canada!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

What a disappointment...Bruschetta-burnt! Risotto with Shrimp-it was served with disgusting over cooked crayfish. Spaghetti Blanco- so much butter that you couldn't enjoy the pasta...which didn't seem homemade. Gelato- when an 8 year old won't eat it because "it tastes bad", you know there is a problem...it was very old and covered in ice crystals. We paid €32.50 for an adult and child with no liquor...yikes! We went to the pizza place next door for lunch earlier in the day and paid half that price including liquor and the food was 10 times better!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Not up to the hype!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We tried Naumachia based on the Trip Advisor recommendations. Were somewhat disappointed.

Customers are invisible in this restaurant. After we were seated and provided with menu's, the staff simply ignored us for ages. The restuarant was not busy only 3 other tables and basically the staff looked everywhere else except at the customers.

The waiter was fairly aloof and over did the wine bit. I'm a sommelier myself so it was all a bit of an act and to be honest not very good.

The food resonable. The deep fried Zucchini flowers were delightful and also the salad was terrific, fresh, crisp and everything that you want it to be. Pizza... only just

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
center
“A local place! And a very good one!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

After a visit in the coloseum we looked after a place to eat. The trip advisor came up with a place and we started walking. On our way we saw this place, full with local italian people. We decided to 'listen' to them and set down. It was a great service, great food and great experience! We are going there aspecially tomorrow too:-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere