“Favoloso! Excellent Tour Guides” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 888 Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Your Tour In Italy is an Italian Company specialized in Shore Excursions for cruisers from the main Italian Ports of call and Day Tours of the most beautiful Italian Cities. Brand new Mercedes limos and vans and knowledgeable English speaking driving guides will make your vacation a true memorable one.We trust you will enjoy us and maybe find that extra push to come over and discover or rediscover Italy!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Favoloso! Excellent Tour Guides”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

We toured Naples, Florence and Rome with "Your Tour In Italy". This was a very refreshing change from the typical bus load of tourists with one guide. We got very informative tours in each location.
Aldo's company provided easy, relaxed, first class ways to tour. Each guide of course including Aldo were quite personable and fun. The specialty guides provided at the Vatican and Pompeii gave us a very in depth tour which gave us a much broader understanding of each site.
Loved how they handled lunch for us each time. They'd called ahead to arrange for food to be ready when we arrived so it was quick, delicious and fun (especially with the wine & lemoncello) !
I highly recommend their service and wouldn't hesitate to hire them again when I return.

Houston, Tx
3 attraction reviews
“The best way to see Rome and Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

The best way to see Rome & Italy is with a professional tour guide. Last month, we used Aldo Monti's company "Your Tour in Italy". We could not have been more pleased.

My wife & I and, our friend, Martha, paid only $500 for a tour of Pisa & Florence with Laura. (We could have paid $390 a person for a bus tour provided by the cruise line.) Laura's English and knowledge were excellent. We are still enjoying the olive oil we purchased when Laura took us on a side trip to a store where they press the olives. (Try that on a bus tour!) Florence is a great city; and, thanks to Laura, we enjoyed the sights and food of the city.
Getting about Rome on our own would have been a nightmare; but, with Aldo's tour company it was a highlight of our trip. On Sunday we toured ancient Rome with another expert guide. We saw the Forum, Circus Maximus and , of course, the Colosseum. What a great day. We didn't have to worry about driving or parking in Rome. We just had to sit back and enjoy the sights and the expertise of our guide.
Monday was even better because we had Aldo with us. We saw the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, St. Peter in Chains which contains Michelangelo's Moses and many others sights. That afternoon Aldo left us with another of his expert guides; and, we toured the Vatican Museums. What a wonderful experience. We spent over 1/2 hour in the Sistine Chapel alone. Aldo and his people made our trip one we will never forget. We cannot recommend Aldo and his company more highly.
Thank you Aldo! (Thank you Jack who recommended his company to us.)

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“flawless perfection is what Aldo's tour service provides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

There is so much I want to say about my fabulous tour of Rome with Aldo and his touring company so here we go….Aldo greeted us as we first got off the ship and we were on the road to Rome before all the big tour buses and crowds from the ship. That was great!
I knew I liked Aldo immediately because he was easy to talk to, charming, warm, and had a great smile and personality….plus I had corresponded with him for a few months and he was always very prompt with all my emails and I felt like I had already made a friend before we had even met.
Rick and I hooked up with fellow cruisers Janean, Angie, and Miranda, a very sweet family, and we all had a blast in Rome with Aldo.
Aldo immediately captivated us with the rich history of the port city, Civitavecchia and made the long ride to Rome go by fast with his engaging and warm conversation and comfortable van. I felt like I was on a family vacation I was so comfortable with everyone and everything.
We visited the Colosseum first, and of course got the views for the best pictures on a hill across from the site. Then Aldo escorted us across a busy street to the entrance (basically stopping traffic-dare I say risking his butt) so we could explore the interior.
Aldo took us to all the places we wanted to go and many more because he was very good with our time management, although he never rushed us and I never felt hurried…very efficient and organized and the best driver in Rome I believe…we never got stuck in traffic yet I saw many cars that seemed to be at a snail’s pace. His navigation was flawless and I pleasantly surprised with all that we saw and we still had some time to spare…never would of happened if we had toured Rome on our own.
Aldo had a book that showed different stages of the ruins, like the roman Forum and Colosseum for example and as he would give us the history and interesting tidbits of info he would show us how the ruins used to look at these different stages, thousands of years ago before war, looting, natural decay, etc. I thought that was very unique and interesting and I still remember the stuff 2 months later.
As I have said, Aldo is very charming, personable, and thoughtful, and he seems to know no strangers…he knew everyone! After a few sites, he took us to a delightful store and bought us all cappuccinos (see pics) and it was delicious! Puts Starbucks to shame!! Then we saw the Trevi Fountain and a few more sites before he took us to a great pizza house for lunch. We also had gelato at a shop next door. It was heaven for me…pizza and dessert!!!
After lunch our group split up and Aldo took Rick and me to the Vatican Museums and guided us thru the miserably long line in about 2 minutes and up the right stairwell before leaving to take the girls to some more sites. We almost went the wrong way (as we were trying to get to the Sistine Chapel) and Aldo caught us going the wrong way and guided us from behind the gate in the right direction…I thought he had already left but he had been watching us to make sure we went the right way with the massive crowd in there…very nice. That was above the call of duty I think!
We met about two hours later in St Peter’s Square and then headed back to the ship with time to spare…we were all very satisfied with everything we saw but Aldo said we had time to see a few more sites but we were content with a leisurely ride back to the ship…it was a very full and satisfying day. Aldo had one more surprise for us though. He stopped at a place and came back with some homemade sweet delicacies that were “melt in your mouth” good!!! Aldo made us feel like we were royalty and catered to our every desire…thanks Aldo!!! You are the best and you set a very high standard for all the private guides (in the other ports) that followed you!! The ultimate gentleman!
We have already decided to go back to Italy next year and I will be using Aldo and His drivers again for our stay in Tuscany. We can’t wait!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Simply the best!!! - Fran A , Atlanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

My friends and I took a cruise to Italy in April. We booked with Aldo for tours in three different ports. Every tour guide that we had went over and above anything that we ever expected. Laura and Francesco took us to Pisa and Florence. They were very informative and made sure that we were able to see the things that were important to us.
In Rome, Aldo was our guide. He really made sure that we saw the best of Rome. He even went out of his way to get us bottles of wine that we had tasted during lunch. There was a festival and the roads were blocked near the pier. Aldo walked us to the bus to get back to the ship to make sure we found our way. He also had Julia as our guide at the Vatican. She was personable and very informed. We had a good history lesson as well as a lot of fun. Our last guide was Dominico in Naples. What a driver. He negotiated the narrow roads to Sorrento and Positano like a pro. He took us to a lovely restaurant overlooking the bay with the best food as well as the best view. All in all, I would highly recommend Your Tour in Italy to everyone. You couldn't ask for any better or nicer guides.

Rome
“Aldo Monti - Your Tour in Italy - Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

We Had Our Aldo Himself as guides. He was very attentive, thoughtful and helpful. When making the booking with HIM He Was Far and Away The most responsive of the guides we Contacted. From meeting us at the pier to dropping us off at hotel He Was Our prompt and reliable all the way. All That And besides he's a very nice person.