“Amazing location with world class customer service” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Labicana 125, 00184 Rome, Italy (Monti)   |
Ranked #32 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Olney, MD
“Amazing location with world class customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Spent three nights and could not have been treated better. Bruno, the hotel manager, was genuinely interested in our comfort and our feedback. Frederica was incredibly helpful as the concierge and Adriano with the rest of the staff anticipated our needs. Aroma rooftop restaurant was outstanding. The decor of the rooms, amenities, and every detail of this hotel were perfect. Finally, looking out our window at the Colosseum was breath taking. We have stayed in many great hotels around the world but Palazzo Manfredi is one of the best.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights in a master room (room #23?). The corner room was small but not cramped (good sized wardrobe), nicely furnished and had a great view of the colloseum from the room and bathroom.

The double glazing in the room was appreciated although we did miss block out curtains as we found the room was too light a bit too early each morning.

The nespresso coffee machine in the room was a nice touch.

The bathroom (shower only) was excellent, with plenty of space, hot water and fluffy towels.

The bonus was the view of the colloseum.

Unfortunately the service of the room was a bit hit and miss. Some afternoons, when we returned to the room, we found we had no soap or clean coffee cups. One afternoon I had to ring reception as there was no soap and no toilet paper!? This was rectified very promptly.

We tried the hotel bar on a couple of occasions but didn’t return as we were the only non-smokers in the room on both occasions and were basically smoked out.

Dinner in the hotel restaurant was excellent. The food and service was exceptional and the view of the colloseum at night was the icing on the cake.

The concierge service was extremely helpful and friendly and made our stay all the more enjoyable. We were assisted with colloseum tickets (buy them beforehand to avoid the enormous queue), dinner reservations and general sightseeing tips.

The location of the hotel is excellent for the colloseum. forum, palletine and capitoline. The hotel also has a few bars and restaurants a short walk away. We used the metro on a number of occasions, the metro stop was about 7 minutes walk away. Many buses and at least one tram route pass the hotel regularly. We did walk to centro storico a few times (30 minutes to the pantheon), a taxi costing about EUR10. By the end of our stay we did find the walk between the Il Vittoriano (wedding cake building) and the hotel a bit laborious as it was a slow slog due to the number of people on the footpath.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Go for the larger corner rooms with a view of the colloseum (check the colloseum renovation scheudle...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I visited Rome several times for various reasons and every time I could, I reserved the fabulous Hotel Palazzo Manfredi Gladiatori .
The first time was in 2011 and I remember that it was just for 3 days.
It was useful for me because afterward I contacted the reservations by myself through telephone or email and I often managed to have very good rates as they knew we had become very good clients.
Seeing the pictures of the hotel and especially the spectacular views of the symbol of Rome ( Colosseum ) , I made sure to have a good room overlooking the Colosseum .
My wife and I were surprised by the proximity of the Hotel to the Coliseum and will never forget the feeling running down your body when you're in the bathroom , for example, taking a shower , and you see through the window that majestic monument you've seen thousands of times on TV or in the cinema. The room is large, with a comfortable bed and fine furniture.
We have visited so many 5 star hotels with maybe larger and more luxurious rooms, but in the Gladiatori apart from the view, a guest can remark elegance and attention to details. The cleanliness was high appreciable, the room was cleaned punctually every morning just after breakfast; we couldn’t wait to come back to our room to enjoy the view and the atmosphere.
The reception team was super; everybody was polite and attentive with a very good English knowledge and a high attention to guests’ satisfaction. They followed us from the reservation until our check out impeccably.
The breakfast terrace is another plus point of the hotel . It is very expensive ( and dinner even more) , but the quality of the food and the choice are superb. The staff is always smiling and ready to assist you promptly.
It is true that the rooms are prohibitively expensive, but it is completely worthy .
We already miss it.

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel was nothing short of perfection, prefect location, perfect friendly staff. Will definitely recommend this 14 room Boutique Hotel to anyone visiting Rome and/or the Colosseum. The roof top restaurant AROMA is to die for :) The room and bath was superb!!!

Would definitely stay again!!!

Special thanks to Renaldo at Reception for being one of the most professional Hotel Staff I have met. Salute!!!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I'm a little late in reviewing- but we stayed here on our honeymoon in 2012. We booked a room here and it wasn't one of their best rooms with a view, but we were just excited to be that close to the Colosseum. When we got there, tired from traveling from Venice, they told us to head up to the bar for a complimentary glass of champagne. Then they came and got us and took us to our room. They had upgraded us to a room with a window RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE COLOSSEUM. It was amazing. They had decorated the bed with rose petals (formed into a heart) and had a bottle of champagne chilling. We had been upgraded in other hotels, but this was above and beyond. Definitely stay here if you are looking for a great hotel with a great view. Also- make sure to eat at their rooftop restaurant for the best view of the Colosseum!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Irvine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Not sure why the hotel would recommend ristorante papagio to eat at though.

Enjoyed the esthetics of the hotel, front desk service, bar service from the terrace.

I'm still staying for a few more days but wanted to get my comments in.

The room is beautiful along with its decor. Thank you palazzo manfredi.

• Stayed May 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Upon arrival I was upgraded (at no cost or request) from a junior suite to a Colosseum suite. That was a very kind gesture by them and no doubt influences how positively I think of the place.

I guess the key question then is what would I have thought of the hotel had that not occurred. I still think I would have rated it very highly. The staff are extremely helpful and welcoming, the hotel is very stylish and in perfect condition, the view from the restaurant of the Colosseum is fantastic and the food is excellent. I would not say my stay was cheap, but that I received top class service in every way so it was great value to me.

Were you not to have a Colosseum view then I guess you may feel different as the experience would be different (in terms of specialness but also cost I guess), but I did and had a great time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux? Share your experiences!