“One of a Kind” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
CT
“One of a Kind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I chose the Palazzo Manfredi based largely on the review on Trip Advisor. Admittedly, I was a bit nervous that few if any of the other sites, magazines, etc. that I went to check hotels mentioned nothing of it. Wasn't on one "best of" list - which I found odd. Nevertheless I took a chance, and I'm glad I did. It's a small hotel, which is high on luxury, and in a great location. We had a suite - our teenage son stayed on the fold out couch which was very comfortable; my wife and I in the main master bedroom. Worked out great. The view of the Colosseum out our window was spectacular. The people were really nice and helpful; going out of their way to make our stay memorable. The room had all sorts of nice touches - from fresh macaroons replenished every day, to an ultra modern bathroom and interesting fixtures. I found that the decor may have been a bit overdone and more interesting than practical. If I were alone with my wife on a special occasion it would've been perfect; with a teenage son, a bit less so. Only other minor complaint: the bed is very very firm. Not sure if this is 'normal' for hotels in Italy. All in all, the Palazzo Manfredi is pricey ... but it's also classy, friendly, and one of a kind.

Room Tip: I think the higher rooms may be a bit quieter than the one we had which was on the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Palazzo Manfredi-Relais & Chateaux during your recent visit to the Eternal city.

We are so glad to read that your stay was a memorable one and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, our stay at the Palazzo Manfredi could not have been better. The location, level of service and staff was incredible. They were more than happy to arrange our private tours of the Colosseum, Forum and Vatican City, and they even hired a driver for us to drive us to Positano following our stay in Rome. Our room was on the ground floor with a Colosseum view; spectacular in every way, and exceptionally clean. If you want 5-star treatment in a 5-star hotel, the Palazzo Manfredi should be your first choice when visiting Rome.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, April 16, 2013

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a beautiful small boutique hotel in a great part of the city with amazing views of the Colosseum. My fiancé and I stayed in the Deluxe Room and had direct views of the Colosseum which we enjoyed. The breakfast buffet on the hotel's rooftop has beautiful views and is a great way to start the day. There is a great selection of cereals, breads, muffins, eggs, juices, etc. We also had a wonderful experience at the hotel's restaurant which is on the same rooftop in the evenings. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff really went out of their way to accommodate their guests.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderfull comment regarding your recent visit at Palazzo Manfredi-Relais & Chateaux.

I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with the Hotel service and that we were able to meet your needs.

It is give me a great pleasure to be able to pass along your positive comments and the importance of your satisfaction.

On behalf of everyone at Palazzo Manfredi Hotel, thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Palazzo Manfredi Hotel in the not too distant future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here for four days for our tenth wedding anniversary and it was wonderful. We paid extra for a room overlooking the colosseum and were not disappointed. Having been to Rome several times I am fairly picky but this lived up to and exceeded expectations. Try the tasting menu in the rooftop restaurant with truffles added in different ways to every course - fantastic - but expensive!! (worth it as a treat).
I would definitely go back in the future.
The owner also has a Ferrari which you can hire for the day - what fun!

Room Tip: Ask for a colosseum view - well worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, March 30, 2013

Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Aside from the stunning location across the road from the Colosseum, this hotel is a joy. The rooms are well decorated and very comfortable, though there's nothing quite like seeing the Colosseum from your bedroom window!
It's perfectly located for walking, as we did, to the Forum, the Capitoline, the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps.
My wife is lactose and gluten intolerant and they accommodated her for breakfast and dinner withour fuss and really nicely. The view from the restaurant is stunning, the food lovely, and the staff really caring and efficient.
In fact the whole staff, front desk, management, everyone whenever we encountered them were helpful and polite. Our visit went really smoothly. Jacamo was brilliant in allowing us a room for late checkout even when our room had to be cleared for new guests.
We had a sneak preview of the redecoration in one of the rooms and they look great - the bathroom in particular was fantastic - we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The higher your room the less the traffic noise, but it'snot really a problem
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, March 16, 2013

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The staff at Palazzo Manfredi made our stay in Rome comfortable and unforgettable. They helped us with everything from locating our lost luggage at the airport to calling us a taxi, even when we were at other locations, to bringing us hot water and cups for our nightly tea routine (to aid in digestion from our fabulous meals) they got us tickets to main attractions, checked us in for our flight home and answered all of my husbands silly questions. The bed is better than mine at home and I want to buy one. The sheets and pillows were perfect. I also want to buy a Nespresso machine like the one in our room. So good! We were in a deluxe room with surreal views. There is a bit of city noise, but you're in a major city. To be expected. The windows block a lot out. I could not hear other guests at all. We had breakfast once upstairs and it was very special. Great way to wake up. I love Rome so much that I cried when I left. What a magical city and a wonderful place to call home for 6 days.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, February 25, 2013

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent 3 night here last week and it was one of the nicest hotel experiences I've had. The staff was incredibly helpful and gave us great recommendations for restaurants. It's a block from the Coliseum and we walked to Monti and the other shopping districts close by every day. The restaurant view is incredible but we only had breakfast there since there were too many restaurants in Rome to go to! Excellent choice hotel for a stay in Rome!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this review, January 3, 2013

Hotel Manager

Been to Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux? Share your experiences!