“Great Spot for Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Burlington, Canada
“Great Spot for Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

During our seven hour private tour of Rome with Easitalytours we stopped into this restaurant for lunch based on the recommendation of our tour guide and driver Max. My wife and I had a lovely meal sitting outside amongst the trees.

The service was friendly and at a pace that was not rushed, but fast enough so that we could get back out on our tour. We both had the Brushetta, a pasta dish with fresh tomatoes and basil and a chicken dish which was the house specialty. There was no room left for dessert.

We will definitely go back if we are lucky enough to get back to Rome.

• Visited September 2013

Lexington, Massachusetts
“Incredible Authentic Italian Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our DGS driver took us to this restaurant near the Apian Way. He recommended that we get the bruschetta, the cheese and pepper pasta, and the pressed chicken. We were very glad that we listened to his recommendations. All of the food along with the table wine was fantastic! We were also seated in a very peaceful outdoor garden area. It is out of the way, but definitely worth finding!

• Visited July 2013
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Awesome meal and charming al fresco dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a meal at Sora Rosa in June 2013 that was outstanding! The bruschetta, pasta, and flat chicken were incredible. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Dublin, Georgia
“totally amazing food in a "Beverly Hills" district in Rome.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Twelve members of my family ate at this restaurant one Wednesday afternoon and the food was spectacular. I highly recommend visiting this restaurant to have their amazing chicken, bruschetta, wine and desserts!

• Visited June 2013
Del Mar, California
“Authentic Italian and the best way to experience Rome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

There is a story behind my review which I will write but for the quick read: (This is my first restaurant review that I have felt it is the time worth writing. I have been 2 times)

Getting there: Outskirts of Rome from Piazza del Poppolo its a 30 euro cab ride at most for a spectacular 30 min drive through central Rome and the beginning of the suburbs.

Setting: Just outside the busy city it is located in the rolling hills with vineyards open fields and urban houses. The restaurant is also located on the property that I believe the owners live but separate from the house. There is a gravel courtyard with olive and eucalyptus trees where you can smell the fresh air of the meadows and hear the crickets chirping. There is also indoor dining but I recommend for the setting the courtyard.

Service: Extremely diligent service willing to make recommendations and observantly make sure that your needs are met.

Wine: I always ask for the house wine which comes from a local vineyard called casale san paolo but feel free to ask for any Italian wine im sure you will be more than satisfied

Food:
The Bruschetta: is out of this world! On lightly grilled fresh bread it is covered with the locally grown tomatoes and fresh made olive oils with a slight amount of salt as a garnish that makes your mouth water with each bite.

The Pasta: any pasta with tomatoes is amazing. Most recently I had the tomato and mushroom sauce that was to die for its just so fresh tasting and you can tell it has been cooking for hours to make all the flavors come together.

Main Course: The famous pressed chicken. It is a half chicken brick pressed with olive oil and their special seasoning that is delicious! I wish I knew how to make this chicken because I would make it weekly at home! crispy on the outside and moist on the inside and full of flavor.

Dessert: hell why not finish the night off with some great italian made desserts! Gelato, chocolate cake, rum cake they are all insanely good. But nothing finishes it off better than a great italian coffee!

Price: For all of this for 2 people it was 50 euros (extremely reasonable!)

Enjoy and know I will be jealous!

The story:

9 years ago I traveled with my family by cruise to rome. We had private tour guide named Roberto that took us around and said he was going to treat us to a great authentic italian lunch just outside the main city. I was 13 and at this table I invented a new rule. It was the "No Talking Rule" so that no one could ruin the greatness of the meal and we could enjoy it silently and all to ourselves. This was what I have called for 9 years still the best meal of my life. And I have been to plenty of fancy and nice meals that cost extreme amounts but with all the component parts that I sited above this was by far the best. Since, to anyone I know going to italy or Rome I have recommended they go to this restaurant. My Uncle and his family have gone several times now and it has worked its way into being a family tradition for my whole extended family to go to Sora Rosa.

Upon returning my family feared the meal would not live up to the expectations I had been placing on it for all the years. They were wrong! It was just as good as I had remembered and I am not saying this because you should or any other reason than because it is true.

I only hope it does not take 9 more years for me to be able to return because to me it is my paradise!

• Visited May 2013