“Very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #399 of 3,085 Rome B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

First and foremost, Andrea (the proprietor) is extremely kind and accomodating. Which makes a world of difference in a place like this. He gave us excellent recommendations as well as answered any questions we had. He also set up an extra bed for us in the room. We are graduate students travelling across Europe and therefore were on a budget. So we selected Flowerome based on previous reviews, its proximity to Termini, and of course its reasonable price. It far exceeded our expectations. The room was a really nice size with a very nice bathroom. Comfortable and air conditioned. Although the neighborhood isn't the best, I felt very safe here. Plus the proximity to the metro was unbeatable. If you are looking for somewhere reasonable to stay in Rome, there is no reason to choose anywhere else. I would certainly recommend Flowerome to a friend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Hungarian first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Although Rome is seem not safety for traveler, the location of Flowerome is very good because the same street has many restaurants. You no need to be too worry for safety even if you are girl when you come back Flowerome at night. It is because there are still lot of people enjoying the dinner. And, it is very close the Termini and Andrea has further advised how to find out Flowerome. Thus, it is really not hard to find it out even if the outdoor of Flowerome is not obviously. However, the light of room is quite dark. If it could be brighter, it must be prefect. Whereas overall is good and very valuable price to stay in the same area. And, Andrea is very helpful. Thus, I would consider to stay at Flowerome if we travel to Rome again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We choose Flowerome due to the good reviews of fellow trip advisor travelers, and we were not disappointed. We were late in contacting Andrea upon our arrival but he promptly called us (dialing international) and when we said we were not sure of the way, he graciously came over to walk us back and helped with our luggage. We were most grateful. The BnB is like going back to your own apartment, tucked away on the 3rd floor, accessible by a small but functional caged elevator in the central stairwell. It was surprising quiet being off a busy street and so near Roma Termini. It was perfect for us..

Room Tip: there are only 3 rooms in this BnB, one of each end and one in the centre. the ones at the ends look...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at Flowerome for one night before catching the train to the airport the next morning. I chose this B&B because it was so convenient to the station. It was great! Andrea was very helpful and waited for me to arrive to walk me through check in. The room was nice and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Vincennes, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Andrea welcomed us very nicely, very good location and the room was very nice. Almost perfect, the bathroom is just a little small and the room was clean, but not perfectly (some dust in a few places, but rather a detail). This said, we will surely come back next time we go to Rome

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at Flowerome for 2 nights before taking a train from Termini Station. This was actually great as the B&B is literally 1minute from the Station.
Unfortunately this also mean that the area is not particularly nice. I went there alone and I can assure you that is not a place where you would like to walk on your own after dark.
The neighbourhood is really unpleasant and quite dirty and it doesn't suit the quality of the B&B as well as of Rome itself.
Overall I liked the place and the owner who was extremely kind and patient to pick me up down the road as I couldn't find the location.

I would suggest it if you are in company and are used to dodgy areas.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Flowerome, Direttore at Flowerome, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hello Federica,

thanks for your review, I am writing an answer because I think is useful answer to your message.
The value is great and I think that your opinion about Flowerome is very good.

But I can't "accept" that the final value is 3 stars because you were afraid to stay there alone.
The area is a intercultural area (train station area) this does not mean that it is dangerous.
Since the Flowerome is open, we never had any problems with the neighborhood, never.

I believed that the final score had to respect more the Flowerome service not what you found out.
But this is my thought.

Grazie comunque
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at FlowerRome for 2 nights prior to departure. The location is ideal, as it is situated 2 minutes from Termini. The host, Andrea, was very cordial. Excellent bathroom facilities. I was very satisfied with this stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Flowerome? Share your experiences!