“Perfect 1st stay in Rome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Villa Duse

You added Hotel Villa Duse to your Saves list
Hotel Villa Duse
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Alamanno Morelli 1 | Parioli area, 00197 Rome, Italy (Parioli)   |
Ranked #45 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Las Vegas
“Perfect 1st stay in Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

My father and I stayed at the Villa Duse 4/19/12-4/23/12. My father is an airline pilot and we have had the opportunity to travel all over the world. I must say that the Hotel Villa Duse met our every expectation. The hotel is a smaller boutique hotel, however, the amenities and accomodations are first class. The staff was extremely helpful and gave us tips and suggestions that absolutely made our trip. Unlike other hotels we have stayed in Europe the room had ample electrical outlets. Very comfortable beds and well lit. The hotel was situated right off a quite little street and never did we deal with any noise issues. Additionally we found that there was a main bus stop just on the corner that allowed us to zip to the central terminal and then get anywhere we wanted. We were able to purchase metro passes right in the hotel and it made navigating the city a breeze.

Thank You to the staff of the hotel I can say we truly would have missed the "heart" of Rome without your assistance!!!

Jason & Mark Swint

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Greek first
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Situated in the Parioli district, Hotel Villa Duse is 15mins on the 360 bus to Termini Stazionie. We did not find this too much of an inconvenience as we accepted the trade off between proximity to the center and the peace and quiet which we had at the hotel.Call reception and they will check on line and let you know in real time when the next bus is due! The hotel is really comfortable and clean and oozes Italian charm. There is free wi-fi in the rooms. The staff are all well trained and the front desk staff incredibly helpful and accomodating. Breakfast is really good, there is an a la carte menu for eggs etc if you do not want the carb fest of cakes, fruit, cereal, bread rolls and croissants (there is ham, salami, cheese and yogurt as protein options) which make up the buffet breakfast. Just be aware that if breakfast is included in the room rate it refers to the buffet not the a la carte options. Would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay there again.

Canterbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

First rate intimate and luxury hotel with amazing baroque ambience and quiet residential location within walking distance from city or 360 bus route from Stazione Terminale

Room Tip: Request a bath up front as these are limited
perugia, italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

OK. So this is NOT your Rome city center hotel. It is a http://www.charmerelax.com/ recommended hotel and that already says allot.

Service.

We went here to celebrate my wife's birthday. In my reservation, done on booking.com, I asked for some recommendations for restaurants and I asked them if there was anything that they could do to help me make the stay special. In less than 1 hour after I made the reservation I got a list of restaurants with links to their webpage and distance from the hotel indicated and their judgment of the restaurants. As for the something special they also gave me some options. I picked the champagne and fresh fruit. As for the restaurant I reserved a table at All'Oro a gourmet restaurant (Michelin 1 star) indicated in their list of restaurants. Great.

We get there and the room is great and there is the champagne and fruit laid out. The front desk staff proceed to call up the restaurant to remind them that my wife is pregnant and to make sure that the menu will not include things that she cannot eat. They also move the reservation back 1/2 hour. Great.

Location.
Quiet serene hotel in the wonderful residential area of Parioli. With our restaurant literally 2 minutes walking distance from the hotel and our ability to park the car basically in front of the hotel what can I say but ... Great.

Room.
The room is wonderful and quiet and the bed/pillows are super comfy. The bathroom is large and the bathtub is just waiting for a bubble bath. Great.

Breakfast.
The breakfast in the morning is not too much and not too little - just right. There are fresh cakes (about 6) and fresh croissants as well as a quiche and some sliced deli meets, juice, yogurts, cereals and a fresh fruit salad. Great.

Room Tip: I would go up. Ask for rooms that are on the top floor.
Bathgate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Just back from spending a brilliant 5 days in Rome and I've got to say the hotel villa duse played a big part.

Everything about the hotel was excellent but a special mention must be paid to the staff. I've never met as friendly and helpful a team as this. Nothing was ever too much trouble and they were always on hand with advice.

The tower lodge was a beautiful room and the balcony was perfect to relax in the sun or for a quiet romantic dinner in. The meal we got was also excellent, beautifully presented and great value vs what we recieved in town.

It is a bit outside the centre but that just means you get peace and quiet in a very safe neighbourhood. The walk to town wasn't bad as the villa borghese is a beautiful park to walk through and its really easy to find.

I really would recommend this hotel as my fiancee and I thought it was perfect and again I can't speak highly enough of the fantastic people who work hard to make it so.

Thanks for a helping make it a wonderful experience for us both.

Room Tip: The balcony on the tower lodge makes for a really romantic dinner in at the end of a big day sightse...
Leuchars, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I'm new to tripadvisor but wanted to write a review about the hotel even thought I spent my honeymoon there last May 2011.

The Hotel was fantastic starting with the staff who were extremely helpful from the minute we arrived. As for the rooms they lived up to all the pictures we had seen and the beds were ridiculously comfy, the bathroom had a powerful shower and a nice big tub to soak in.

The one thing about this hotel is it is a little out the way but I would not let this put you off as it is only a short bus ride or if like me and my wife you like to walk, it is nice to walk through the park each day to the Spanish steps (helps to account for all the wonderful food Rome has to offer)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

A serene and gracious hotel in Parioli, a fine residential area in Rome. Excellent local restaurants serve discriminating Italians. Staff are service oriented. Our room was large and comfortable. True, it's a bit of a trek from the sights, but that's the price to pay for calm and seclusion.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Villa Duse? Share your experiences!