“GREAT JOB BY ROME ILLUMINATED!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #138 of 727 activities in Rome
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Top-rated, engaging tours of the Vatican and beyond. We are a small team of passionate, expert guides and we all have one common goal: to help you make the most of your visit! Wherever you'd like us to take you, you'll avoid the lines and the crowds, you'll be engaged and inspired, you'll relax, laugh and learn. We know you're here on vacation and our tours are designed with that in mind. Whether you join us for a planned tour or a custom-tailored outing, we will turn your visit into an extraordinary experience!
Rockville, Maryland
“GREAT JOB BY ROME ILLUMINATED!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful time touring Italy for our 25th Anniversary. This was our first visit to Italy. Two of the highlights of our trip were our Rome Illuminated guided tours led by Evan Firestone in Rome and Anna Caruso in Pompeii. Both are extremely knowledgeable, energetic, and friendly. I had done a lot of research prior to arriving in Italy and had a lot of questions during our tours which they were very eager and willing to answer. I learned so much more from them. I'm sorry I didn't arrange a tour of Ancient Rome (electing to use the audioguides provided there which was a big mistake) but I know now who I will contact the next time we are in Rome. Hopefully my coin in the Trevi Fountain will bring me back to Rome, and Italy in general, and Rome Illuminated will lead the way.

Visited September 2013

Shelton, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
“Highly recommended if it's your first time to Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Evan was perfection from the very first email. He was friendly, accommodating and responded quickly. We corresponded via email a few times until we agreed on what tours we would do, and our itinerary. Our first tour was the evening Rome Illuminated Tour. We got into our hotel around 1:30, unpacked, grabbed a bite, and met Evan in our hotel lobby for 5:30pm. The next 3 hours were spent touring the downtown and areas of note, like the Trevi Fountain. Evan was extremely informative. We also did the Colosseum tour with Evan, who again was a walking encyclopedia, although an entertaining and fun encyclopedia. Evan also made wonderful recommendations for places to eat, mostly visited by the locals, with wonderful, inexpensive menus. A plus for us as well, is that Evan is American... so there were no language barriers at all. I can't say enough about Evan. He entertained myself, my husband and our 16 year old son with so much knowledge and wisdom, he made our visit even more enjoyable and educational.

Visited November 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
7 attraction reviews
“Lots of information, only way to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We took two tours. The evening city tour as the lights came on, honestly was a little heavy with artists names and information for me, but some probably loved that info. The buildings and location were stunning. We also took the Vatican tour at 3pm with Evan, he was very antimated, had information, but didn't overwhelm us. Both tours were a little long for my liking, especially since we had to stand several hours and we had already walked miles the same day (not their fault, but just sayin!) I definitely would reommend taking a tour and these folks did a great job!

Visited October 2013
“Rome illuminated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Well worth it. We had a great guide, Kristian, who was very informative. It was a great way to spend a few hours and going at night made it even better. Highly recommend this especially if you arrive into Rome during the day. Take a short nap, go out about 6 and then have dinner after the tour.

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Wonderful Tours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

If you have never been to Rome before or even if you have,I highly recommend Rome Illuminated Guided Tours. They are so attentive to the details in the history behind what you are seeing that it takes you back in time. You can mentally see and feel what it was like in old Rome. Evan you have a great passion and it comes thru in your company! I am coming back with my husband in May.. I'll be calling and booking you up soon!!! Arrivederci amico mio!

Visited September 2013