“Very good basic Chinese food near Termini” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yami

Yami
Via Vicenza 10, Rome, Italy (Castro Pretorio)
+39 06 83083292
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,509 of 8,750 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Castro Pretorio
Rome, Italy
“Very good basic Chinese food near Termini”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to find that this restaurant was so good. I have some food sensitivities and the manager was very helpful in telling me what was gluten free and that they don't use MSG as many Chinese restaurants do...in fact he said, "only oil and a little salt." I could tell he was right when I got my food, it was simple, light and healthy tasting, albeit not overly flavorful, which was fine. The portions were abundant and everything was served hot and in a timely fashion by a friendly waiter. The place is small, efficient and clean, and there were several of us solo diners and we were all treated very well. The prices are great, for three courses and a pot of hot jasmine tea (leaves, not a bag) it was 10.50 EUR. The best thing was that I felt great all afternoon after the meal, no heaviness, tiredness, stomach ache or headache as often happens with food I react negatively to. Definitely recommended and I will gladly go back when I am near Termini at lunch time.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
“Recommended!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

The food was good taste, the owner were very kind and most importantly, the price was cheap compared with other chinesse restaurant we've tried in Rome.
We even ordered 4 take away for our breakfast and lunch. So far, it is best food for both of us in Rome.

Marton, New Zealand
“A nice change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Found this restaurant on our way to our hostel from the station. Like others I just needed a change from pizza and pasta. Menu was your standard Chinese restaurant - portions sizes were good. Plain rice came on a large plate which was awesome. Everything cheap as well.

Visited October 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent break from pasta and pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Like a lot of previous posters, we were sick and tired of pizza and pasta. Our hotel was a few blocks from Yami and it had good reviews so we decided to try it. Spring rolls, hot and sour soup, pork and bamboo, sweet and sour pork and chicken "spaghetti" (aka chow mein) and some beer and pop, and our bill was about 25 euros. The food was really good, the staff was nice (but definitely don't expect them to understand anything you say in english) and we left satisfied. I would recommend Yami to anyone who wants something that isn't Italian!

• Visited October 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“A good, cheap Chinese meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We just had a great meal at Yami after a serious overload of pizza and pasta. The food was delicious, fresh, hot and cheap! Would definitely come back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Yami? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Yami, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.