“Great service” 5 of 5 stars

06-89683776
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, French, Chowder, International, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
New York
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I arrived at this restaurant early one evening. The restaurant was not yet open for business. The owner welcome us in and gave our party complimmentary appetizers. After a short wait , he took our orders. The food came out quickly and it was the best food we had in Rome. We are from New York and dine in many Italian Restaurant in Little Itally, The food can not compare to Bistrot 23 . This restaurant is highly recommended . I only wished I discovered this restaurant at the beginning of my trip instead of our last night in Rome.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Austin, Texas
“Closed when we tried.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

We decided to try this restaurant based on reviews and location (we stayed near the Vatican). However, the night we decided to go it was closed. Not sure why, but it was a little before 10 on a Wednesday night. Just make sure you have a back-up in case you find it closed.

Rome
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

The second time I went to the restaurant the owner remembered my face and welcomed me back! Although the kitchen was closing, he managed to get a few options to the table. It impressed me and my guests, specially when they went over the top and gave us a complimentary antipasti.
The food was outstanding and the location is second to none, so close to the Vatican Museum. Highly recommended to any visitor.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“So good, so close”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

The best place close to the Vatican! We found the restaurant searching an other one... The service and the welcome make you feel at home.

Main course was very good and the home wine is just perfect! The price was also a good surprise (less than 20€ including the wine)

The only point are the antipasti that could be beter.

But to summarize it was a very good surprise

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Istanbul, Turkey
“EXCELLENT CHOICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This is a restaurant just a street off the main road from the Vatican Museum and it looked pretty decent from outside. It serves typical Italian dishes in a very cosy atmosphere and is reasonably priced by Rome standards. Saltimbocca Romana was the best I had in Rome. Look for Danielle who always has a smile on his face and speaks perfect English.

• Visited April 2012