“Truly the Best!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 888 Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Tour of Rome offers personally guided day tours in and around Rome and excellent tour guides. They will tell you those fascinating facts that are not in the guidebooks and will lead you to some of the most famous sights in the world.Their fluent English-speaking guides offer tours of the highest quality which are not only informative but entertaining as well. Visit the Vatica, the Colosseum, the Sistine Chapel, the Pantheon and much more with Tours of Roma.
Houston, TX
“Truly the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We've traveled to Rome several times...and used private guides for every trip. By far, Rosella was the best! She is an exceptionally gifted communicator, passionate about her city and extremely knowledgeable with the perfect blend of humor & warmth. It didn't hurt that she knew almost every staff member at every crowded venue, and was treated accordingly. We felt like VIPs. Amazing experience!

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
12 attraction reviews
“Very professional, relaxed and informative tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Was so very happy I booked this PRIVATE tour of the Vatican. Going without a plan is very intimidating. Line after line after line. Not the case for us. Lara met us at the entrance to the museums and whisked us through a non exist any line. We had a running commentary the whole 3 hours by a very well informed art history graduate native to Rome. We learned and saw things not possible with those huge groups going through like cattle. We even went to the Borgias apartment and not another person was there.

I arranged online with Linda who took very good care of all the details even confirming with us the night before by telephone at our hotel. Recommend highly.

Manila, Philippines
“Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We took one day off our schedule in Rome to take this tour with Cinzia and it was a really good thing we did. Rome in itself is a beautiful city, but it came more to life for us due to Cinzia's explanation of the history behind each of the places we visited. Cinzia was highly knowledgeable and was very patient, not only in explaining things, but with taking all the extra photos we wanted of our group! This tour really made us appreciate Rome so much more and we will definitely book with this group again next time for their other tours.

Highly recommended for first time travelers to the Eternal City!

Visited August 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Rome in 1 day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I was in Rome for a day and half. I decided to do the all day private tour. Niccoló was my tour guide. He was great and gave a lot of trivia facts and information. Overall, the tour was great. My only suggestion is to split the tour to 2 days. It was a bit overwhelming. Especially in the Vatican, there is a lot to see and there is little time. I definitely recommend it.

Visited August 2013
“Private Vatican Tour- incredible experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

The tour was amazing. Every time I visit Italy, I make it a point to stop at the Vatican and have a tour. This private tour we had was the best tour I have ever had of the Vatcan Museums and St. Peter's. our tour guide Nicola was extremely knowledgable and taught my husband and I so much more than I thought we could fit in into 3 hours! The private tour was the best way to see the Vatican- we skipped the lines and we were never stuck in a big group. Well worth every dollar spent!!