“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taverna Flavia

Taverna Flavia
Via Flavia 9, Rome, Italy (Ludovisi / Via Veneto)
06-474-5214
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,663 of 8,545 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
new york, new york
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

When I visited Italy, I went to so many different places to eat, and this was by far the best one. I actually dined at Taverna Flavia twice in a span of about 4 days of staying in Rome. The food was absolutely amazing- perfect pasta. The service was incredible, and we weren't rushed out even though the restaurant was ready to close as soon as we got there (we were starving). I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone- and I'm really picky when it comes to pasta! I miss this place so much.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lima
“Don't Waste your time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

A restaurant that thinks because it was good in the Dolce Vita era and that can rest only on the past !! The waiter took forever to take our order, his uniform was completely dirty. They took 15 minutes to bring 2 beers. An hour passed and the food didn't arrive. I had to talk to the manager who was the nice of the owner (he was there) and just managed to say I am sorry
A tourist ripoff , there are a lot better places

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Roskilde, Denmark
“Recommended but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was recommended by my hotel as a good local restaurant. Admittedly I was a little tired after my first Rome walkabout and not super hungry. I was on my own and got shown through to a separate dining room where I was the only guest! So okay I was dining alone and had a book along but even still I would have liked a little atmosphere. Plus there was a TV on at the reception desk near where I was sitting where the grumpy owner (very authentic), ruled his roost.

A glass of prosecco while you choose food was a nice touch. I had a caprese salad with very good mozzarella but the tomatoes weren't ripe and there was more cheese than tomato (am I alone or isn't it nice to match the flavours bite by bite?). I followed by spaghetti alla vongole which was great - a hint of chilli, juicy clams. I washed it down with a glass of decent dry house white. I couldn't face dessert but the trolley of options were impressive. With a coffee I paid 41 Euros which I thought for what I had wasn't especially good value.

I wouldn't say don't go, there were touches of good stuff and maybe some of it was my mood and the fact you're more sensitive to service and atmosphere if you're on your own. Just not a very memorable meal or somewhere I would rush to recommend people fit in on a Rome visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“Tourist Trap!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Major tourist trap. Food is mediocre and wildly overpriced. Plus the restaurant charges you for the "free" bread they give you when you sit down. Really??? EUR2 per person for stale bread??? Give me a break. AVOID!!!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Good food Good Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We went our first night in Roma. Our hotel recommended this restaurant which was only a 10-15 minute walk. On arriving we were given a glass of Presecco at the end of dinner we were given Lemoncello. The food was good, service was friendly. We ate in over 30 different restaurants in our 3 weeks in Italy we started to rate them based on overall value, quality of food and service and atmosphere - rating this many restaurants you want to be able differentiate the excellent and really good from the rest. This was a good restaurant we would go again but it was not one of the few 'stars' from our trip.

Visited September 2013