“audio badly out of synch, BOTH times around, waste of money” 2 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Skip the Line
$80*
and up
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel...
Ranked #763 of 888 Activities in Rome
London
5 attraction reviews
“audio badly out of synch, BOTH times around, waste of money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We took a Green Line bus three days ago, and really enjoyed seeing the sights - however, it was really annoying hearing about the buildings or places of interest after we'd already passed them. They also talked over every single audio when we pulled up anywhere, which meant that we missed both the audio commentary AND the instructions regarding how long we were stopping for etc. I asked the guides downstairs if they could adjust the timing on the commentary, but they really couldn't care less and I could tell that when they said that they'd 'see what they could do', they really meant 'oh, just go away'. We went around again later that day on another Green Line bus, and the commentary was slightly better, but nearly as bad.

Also, we passed many buildings and places of interest and said to each other 'ooh, what's that?' but there was no mention of these in the audio at all.

A huge shame. Not impressed at all, not good value for money. Try one of the other companies.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
35 attraction reviews
“Not worth the effort”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Spent more time stopped at Termini or Vatican waiting for more suckers to pay E18.
Just sat at traffic lights for ages, commentary was limited, most entertainment was watching how close driver could get to other traffic.
Expected so much after our experience of Paris HOHO, but this was useless. Just walk everywhere and enjoy the locals, E18 goes a long way on coffee and pastries.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
8 attraction reviews
“Worst tour I've ever done - Rome Illuminated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Me and my girlfriend took the Rome Illuminated tour with dinner. Minus 1 star for this Green Line tour! So many things I don't even know how to start. First, me and my girlfriend spent almost more time on the mini van to take us to the tour bus than on the actual tour bus. The pick up time was about 7pm and the we stopped in 5 hotels around the city before arriving to the the bus, which left about 8pm. Once the tour started we made 2 stops. The first was on trevi fountain for about 15 mins, where the guide gave a 2-3 mins explanation and stopped for a gigarette break and told us to take an ice cream. The second stop was in piazza fontana at 9:30pm, where we stayed for 5 mins during another brief explanation. The tour for us stopped there, because we were the only one on the bus which actually got the dinner option. The rest of the people continued on the night tour. The guide sent us to a restaurant nearby, which wasn't even near to trastevere as promissed! And the most ridicolous: the guide had to use a map and help from pedestrians to find the place!! After we asked about the drop off he told us the restaurant was on a ''walking distance from our hotel''. Guess what? it was a 1,5 mile walk, at night and on a absolute cold! Since i tought the was actually a drop off, i left my map at the hotel. The resut: we got lost and took more than 1 hour to get to the hotel! The food was ok and our waiter was kind to us, but it didnt worth the money payed, since we could go to a much bether restaurant for that price. And another problem: we couldnt even choose our food! So, my tip if you want to avoid stress and losing 100 dollars (200 for the couple), don't buy this tour! For that money you can just ride around the city by taxi and dine on an excellent restaurant on rome.

Visited February 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Dont ever use this service. Our experience was horrific.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I took the tour with Green line tours the worst experience ever. I went with my 2 kids paid 42 euros. I even have a receipt. We went at 4pm, asked what time it ends, we were told at 8pm. We jumped off at the Vatican, walked around and at 5 pm the next tour bus came. We decided to jump on, the bus driver sat for 45 mins only when I questioned why we are not moving, we moved. We got to the second stop after the Vatican and they told us to get off and when we told them we didnt know Rome or where we are they told us that is our problem, just get off.

This was disgusting service. My kids 7 and 9 years were terrified, we were lost, cold and miserable. We had to find a taxi to take us home, we looked for almost 1 hour to find a taxi and it was a scary and horrible experience on our first day in Rome and on top we lost 42 Euros as we never saw anything.

Visited December 2012
Guatemala City, Guatemala
3 attraction reviews
“Naples/Pompeii”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Going to Pompeii was great...Green Line Tours....not so much.... Don't even get off the bus to explore Naples....Made unecessary stops to try to get us to by prodects (a jewelry store that sells shells?!?!) No real personality/info from tour guide (she repeated herself with the same facts about 10 times) Not worth the price at all...........But Go to Pompeii!!!

Visited January 2013

Been to Green Line Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Green Line Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.