“Terrible experience, such a disappointment!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ristorante Terme di Diocleziano

Ristorante Terme di Diocleziano
Via del Viminale, 3/A, Rome, Italy (Castro Pretorio)
+39 06 4872120
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #706 of 8,267 restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Castro Pretorio
Zurich, Switzerland
“Terrible experience, such a disappointment!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Early January, we stayed in Rome for 4 days and this restaurant is the worst eating experience we had during our stay. The food is tasteless: my husband ordered a tortellini soup which was definitively not prepared in the kitchen of that restaurant but purchased. It tasted so much like industrial food. For his next dish (pasta), my husband had the extremely unpleasant surprise to find a piece of plastic in his dish. I was shocked and complained out loud: the waiter nearby pretended not hear me (maybe hoping that I would just drop it) and walk away... Another waiter, more conscientious, apologized and tried to fix it. But the discovery of the plastic piece made us even further wonder if this dish wasn't coming from industrial origin... My meal, Escalope Diocleziano style was tasteless. After all that, my husband and I lost appetite and we skipped dessert in this restaurant.
Last unpleasant detail was when we pay: we were billed for cover charge or service fee (5 euros) and additionally for bread (4 euros). Usually, the cover charge includes the bread (which in this case was dry and not so fresh.
So we left extremely disappointed, especially since it was our last diner in Rome and regretted not have returned to La Matriciana restaurant on the same street where we ate the evening before...

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Rome, Italy
“Very overpriced and underaverage quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I was here with my girlfriend yesterday and ordered an antipasti plate, spagetti pomodoro e basilico and saltimboca romano. They charged ten euro for the mixed antipasti plate and consists mostly of salami. The rest was tasteless. Our saltimboca was ok but the portion to small. The charged thirteen euro for the saltimboca. The waiter asked us kindly if i want potatoes to the saltimboca without telling us they cost five euro extra. They make a lot of afford to make the spagetti sauce untasty otherwise i cannot explain myself how they offend the italian kitchen by calling something like that spagetti pomodoro. The charged also two euro for unrequested dry bread and 2, 5 ? per person service fee. Your stomach will thank you by not visiting this restaurant.

Copley, Ohio
“Excellent Service . Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Went here based on the positive reviews found on here and we were not disappointed the food was good, and our server was very friendly and helpful. At the end of the meal he gave us some complimentary limoncello which was quite tasty as always, and he insisted on taking a picture of my cousins watch as he thought it was just great. The only beef with our visit was that there was a large group 20 plus people seated next to us for a corporate function that were rather loud and took over the room sometimes with their volume, but that was them, not the restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Italian food with fantastic service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant while walking to another restaurant near our hotel. Tried it mainly because it was close, but wow! The food is absolutely incredible and the service was lovely. We went twice on our 4 day trip to Rome, and did not have a bad meal between the 4 of us. I strongly suggest you try this restaurant if not for the fantastic pasta and veal, then for the lovely staff and atmosphere!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great Fun !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My friend and our shared our last meal in Rome here, the staff was extremely nice and accommodating! Food was very good, we sat upstairs and it was comfortable, good wine, and I had the Veal with Mushrooms, with Risotto with Fungi.... excellent... all in all a good time! Our Hotel told us about this place, we went but they didn't open til 7, so we (as Americans) went to find a smaller Corner Pizzeria for drinks and apps, then came back... well worth it!!

• Visited November 2013