“Great people, great place” 5 of 5 stars

21 Aprile House
Viale 21 Aprile 12, 00162 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #125 of 2,948 Rome B&B and Inns
Hong Kong
“Great people, great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I would like to express my deepest thanks to Davide and Lorenza for their great hospitality throughout our stay at Aprile House. I had a little accident during my holiday in Rome and hurt my ankle real bad. I was in so much pain that I could hardly walk. Not certain whether I had fractured my ankle or it was simply just a bad sprain, Davide very kindly offered to drive us to the hospital to get it checked out. He even stayed with us at the hospital to go through the registration because he was worried the staff might not speak English. We had to wait a pretty long time to get me registered and I felt bad for ruining the couple's Sunday morning. Davide on the other hand was rather light-hearted about it and was making jokes to brighten up the mood. We finally got to my turn and thank god it was just a bad sprain and nothing too serious. Later that day, Davide and Lorenza called up to check on my condition and even bought some sweet snack for me. No words can describe my gratitude to both Davide and Lorenza.

In case you are interested, Davide is a tour guide for the Vatican City with a company called Dark Rome. He speaks fluent English and has a great sense of humor. He makes a very entertaining tour guide which is important because the Vatican City tour is 3-hour long so you don't want to be stuck with a boring tour guide!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Korean first
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Amazing, clean, cozy and so beautiful hotel.
It's near to Carrefour shop and metro station piazza Bologna.
The people who work there are so smiling and nice person's.
I'll be back there next time.
Thanks for all your caring and nice time in your hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bend, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I went to Rome for our weeklong honeymoon and decided to stay at 21 Aprile House after much research. I found this B&B on Rick Steves’ website under the Traveler’s helpline. Davide and his mother were incredibly kind and hospitable. They made our stay perfect and even helped us learn some Italian! The room was comfortable, clean, and an amazing deal! We loved having our breakfast in our own room and we fell in love with the cappuccinos we got every morning. Would highly recommend this B&B to anyone, young, old, couples, or singles. Davide is very knowledgeable and has some great recommendations. Thanks for helping our honeymoon be all the more special!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Christine and me stayed here earlier in the year (March 2012) when Italy played Scotland at rugby. This was our first time to Rome and we couldn't have selected a friendlier B and B (you never know what'll you're going to get). The young..ish owner couldn't been more helpful with his tips for sight seeing and delivered our breakfast promptly to our room every morning. The B and B is essentially a flat on the 3rd floor of a lovely old building a few miles from the city centre (as I recollect.....I know I should have written this months ago) access via a small rickety lift (see photo) which we loved (hence the photo). We had the larger room of 3 rooms located at the end of the hall (Ithink it was called fire...in Italian).... an excellent sized room by Italian standards and freshly decorated and clean.....the other 2 looked on the small size when we peeped in ...breakfast is continental so you won't get fat, expecially with the added walking that you'll no doubt engage in. We arrived via train (from the airport) and bus. Excellent directions from mine host although we had to search a little for the Band B's nameplate. A metro is about 500 metres from the accomodation which we used every day. A word of warning about bus and train tickets...remember to get them validated (stamped) after purchase or it's a 50 euro fine.
I would recommend this B and B especially to young couple on a budget or the more adventurous older tourists...thumbs up

Room Tip: The largest room at the end of the hall (Fire) ...it also has a balcony that extends all the way rou...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

21 Aprile House was a fantastic base for exploring Rome. The room couldn't have been cleaner or Lorensa and Davide more pleasant, they really did think of every detail to make our stay as enjoyable as possible.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The B&B is close to the metro and a new station is going to be build more closer.
The room are nice (space, color, clean, quiet, ...) for the price.
The owner is nice. They give you all the information you need. They advise for restaurants, shops, ... And the result is successfully.
The best one was the breakfast in the room everyday and the time we decided !
I will recommend that B&B to everybody.
Regis

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Snellville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We spent 4 nights at Davide & Lorenza's B&B. Location was very convenient, just couple of minutes from the bus stop and about 10 minutes walk from Metro. Rooms were cozy and very clean and had a fridge. Davide was very helpful, recommending nice restaurants, calling the taxi when needed. His mother (sorry, forgot her name) prepared breakfast and made sure that we got everything we needed. We will definitely recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to 21 Aprile House? Share your experiences!