“A must visit for traveler's to Roma!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Merulana Cafe

Merulana Cafe
Via Merulana 138, Rome, Italy (Monti)
+39 06 700 4221
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,466 of 8,547 Restaurants in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monti
Description: Always Open,Day and night
Toronto, Canada
“A must visit for traveler's to Roma!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I visited Roma for our honeymoon and found this restaurant right by our hotel Chromo Dyo. It was our first taste of Italy and the last before we left. It's a warm enviroment with fantastic staff to go along with it. The food was excellent and the atmosphere is fun, appealing to many crowd's. Thank you all for making it a memerable vacation, a place we will eat at again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kamloops
“Confusing atmosphere. Bad food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stumbled on this place during a rainy cold evening somewhat desperate for eats. It was quite busy inside so we decided to give it a try. The decor seemed a bit Irish pub-like, a few of the female servers were dressed in pseudo fräulein outfits and the menu was straight up Italian. It all felt a bit cheesy. We ordered a couple of appetizers from the 'fried' menu - rice with tomato sauce and mozzarella and potato croquet. Both were dry and unseasoned. We then ordered a large salad to share and my spouse ordered sliced steak with honey and balsamic vinegar and I ordered the tenderloin with red wine sauce. Both dishes arrived well cooked (rare/medium-rare), but were woefully underseasoned. My spouses dish had no hint of honey - not sure what happened there. My dish was very bland. The red wine sauce was tasteless. I wasn't even sure that the cut of meat that I got was even tenderloin. It was certainly very tender, but wasn't shaped like any tenderloin that I've eaten before. I got the impression that it was pounded or punctured severely in order to get it to the desired chewiness. Kinda weird altogether. Salad was weak and we only ate half of it. Recommendation - Avoid.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Windsor, Canada
“Disappointing experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My children and I ate here because it was close to the hotel St. John. The food was bland and uninspired. It was not overly expensive but I would rather pay extra and enjoy the meal

Visited August 2012
Los Osos, California
“Decent atmospher”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The inside of this place was very "American" feeling. I don't know if that is good or bad....ha ha. We had a couple sandwiches that were pretty decent....nice atmosphere except for the sceaming child that this Italian family wouldn't "control." That was my only complaint.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wayzata, Minnesota
“reasonably priced, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I really enjoyed this place! Good food for the price, full of locals, and open late! We had wine, pasta, and dessert at 1am for dinner because we arrived late. It was a great way to start our stay.

• Visited May 2012