“Mingle with the locals and enjoy some food and limoncella” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Griglieria Pizzeria Porca Vacca

Griglieria Pizzeria Porca Vacca
Via di Sabelli 101, Rome, Italy (Tiburtino)
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,604 of 8,266 restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Tiburtino
River Falls, Wisconsin
“Mingle with the locals and enjoy some food and limoncella”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

This ristorante is much more than a pizzeria. It's a gathering place for locals enjoying life.
We walked over to this place from the Ivanhoe Hotel where we were staying about 9PM (normal time to go out dinner in Roma). It was too warm inside, so we opted for the outdoor seating. We enjoyed light conversation with a group of romans at the next table. They were having yellow shots of liquor, so we had our fisrt taste of limoncella (wonderful). We enjoyed a couple of delicious appetizers first and each a glass of great local wine. I noticed the very cool T-shirts (with the ristorante logo on them) the waiters were wearing, so I asked one of them if they were available for purchase. He said yes for 20 euros. I wasn't sure if he was joking as they all were a very jovial bunch. He did not come back at all, so when I went to the cashier I found mself speaking with the owner of the place. I told him that the waiter had told me the T-shirts were for sale and that I would like to purchase one. He said they were all locked up for the night and that I should come back tomorrow. I asked what time they opened - he said 1PM. I said we were leaving Rome about 10AM (we were headed for Firenza). Then he said, well I will go see if any are left and asked my size. He came back with one and handed it to me. I said 20 euros correct? He said, no it is free and added maybe you will remember to come back and visitus again? We chatted for awhile about where we were going and he advised us on some places we should see in Tuscana. With the great food, conversation, laughter and fun we would definately go back.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

61% Recommend
Roma
“A pleasant pizzeria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

In the student neighborhood of San Lorenzo “Porca Vacca” is a pleasant restaurant where you can taste steak specialties and pizza. The wood furniture and wall lining are very warm and cozy, the staff are very friendly, the service is fair (not very fast). I tasted only pizza, very excellent roman style (thin and crispy) at average-low price.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UK
“give this one a miss”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

Very average food and inattentive service from all the staff.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rome, Italy
“Probably the best meats in Rome! Check it out.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

Probably the best meats in Rome! Check it out.