“Excellent food and great winelist” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc
Via Ripetta 43, 00186 Rome, Italy (Campo Marzio)
+39 06 323 3040
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 8,707 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Description: On the romantic corner of Via di Ripetta, at the heart of the Eternal City, Ad Hoc restaurant in Rome is the ideal place to enjoy pleasant moments of relaxation complemented by the traditional tastes and ancient aromas of Roman and Mediterranean cuisine. An intimate dining destination for all seasons, you can expect a warm greeting at Ad Hoc restaurant in Rome before taking your seat to enjoy high quality cuisine, skilfully prepared with the freshest fish, meat and seasonal game. Truffle all the year with a dedicated menu. Chef Marco Casentini insists on taking no shortcuts with the quality of his ingredients, and the chef's passion for the light cuisine he prepares makes him confident that each dish is worth the wait. Ad Hoc restaurant is also proud of its wine cellar. Compiled from continuous and careful research into the best labels, the wine list showcases 800 wines .
“Excellent food and great winelist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

A little hidden gem off Piazza Del Popolo that serves excellent Italina dishes with a twist. the winelist is great. Our waitress was great but another waiter seemd to be in a bad mood that day. Thankfully it didndt affect the atmosphere and our tatsebuds.

Visited August 2014

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Palo Alto, California
“Nice atmosphere, good wine list”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Very nice place, good for a romantic, dressed up dinner, very deep wine list and they are pretty knowledgeable about it. They specialize in truffles and if you like them, it's a must visit.

Visited August 2014
Santa Ana, California
“BEST MEAL OF MY SUMMER IN MY ROME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I am an American living in Rome for the summer. This was 100% the culinary highlight of my entire 3 months here. Each dish was so satisfying and the truffles are SO good! They have a truffle room where they sell truffle products and we got a free tasting before dinner started and they even gave me a free truffle spread as a gift. The service was the best I've had in Italy and the duck was out of this world. The truffle oil we dipped our bread in was also to die for. You won't regret coming here.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Breda
“Absolute delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Just after I proposed to my girlfriend (whom said yes :D) we had reservations at Ad Hoc in the hope we could conclude the night in a special way. We absolutely had a great time at Ad-Hoc and enjoyed the great food they had to offer. We were there from around 19:00 o'clock until 22:30! Certainly not because the service was slow, but because we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and took our time enjoying the delicately prepared food and drinking the great wine's the staff recommended for each course. The whole experience made it an unforgettable night for us. It goes without saying that I strongly recommend this restaurant which has great food, great wine’s and great staff. Definitely complements to the Chef!.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing evening, stunning food, highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My husband took me here for our 1st wedding anniversary. I won't bore you with every detail, but be assured that this is one of the best dining experiences I've ever had, and I've eaten at some top quality restaurants.
We choose one of the taster menus (the modern Roman one I think) with paired wines - the entire thing from start to finish was delicious, impressive and gorgeously presented. To top it off, the service was friendly, efficient and informative. Thank you Adhoc for making our evening so incredibly special. I do hope we can return one day.