“A magic night at Ristorante AdHoc” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc
Via Ripetta 43, 00186 Rome, Italy (Campo Marzio)
+39 06 323 3040
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 8,758 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Description: On the romantic corner of Via di Ripetta, at the heart of the Eternal City, Ad Hoc restaurant in Rome is the ideal place to enjoy pleasant moments of relaxation complemented by the traditional tastes and ancient aromas of Roman and Mediterranean cuisine. An intimate dining destination for all seasons, you can expect a warm greeting at Ad Hoc restaurant in Rome before taking your seat to enjoy high quality cuisine, skilfully prepared with the freshest fish, meat and seasonal game. Truffle all the year with a dedicated menu. Chef Marco Casentini insists on taking no shortcuts with the quality of his ingredients, and the chef's passion for the light cuisine he prepares makes him confident that each dish is worth the wait. Ad Hoc restaurant is also proud of its wine cellar. Compiled from continuous and careful research into the best labels, the wine list showcases 800 wines .
Paris, France
“A magic night at Ristorante AdHoc”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I booked at Ristorante AdHoc Roma few months before our stay as two young French people in Roma last May 2013. I wanted a special restaurant, since I had planned to propose my girlfriend (now, fiancée) that specific day. And the least that we can say is that I was not disappointed by my choice!

That night, we had a perfect dinner. Kindly, the owners had booked the best table of the restaurant for this specific occasion: we were in a very quiet space and were not disturbed at all by the other customers of the restaurant (actually, we have not seen any of them in our little "cocoon").
We both selected tasting menus (Land for my fiancée, Roman with wines included for me), and had a wonderful dinner. Everything was great:
- the meals, of course. We have deeply appreciated the taste of hand-made food (pastas with truffle, or even more classical food such as the salmon or the olive oil (the best from the Lazio area according to our waitress) that had unexpected taste for us).
- the service was also extremely good. We have not seen the evening going through: the series of varous meals was made perfectly (no losing time, no rush), and we still have benefited some time for each other in order to really take advantage of that night. The waitresses were extremely kind and smiling, which was particularly appreciated.

At the end of the dinner, the owners kindly offered us a bottle of Processo, besides the appetizer from the beginning. Taking into account that they do not actually charge the bottles of natural and sparkling water on your final bill, besides the fact that the food is extremely subtle/gourmet but significant/generous in terms of quality as well (not a simple piece of food that you need you look about in the bottom of your plate such as in various institutions holding a Michelin star), we had the feeling to benefit from the best quality/price ratio for this specific dinner for us. We will then remember this souvenir for a long time in our lives, really. And we cannot wait for going back there in order to celebrate our engagement aniversaries since we had such a good time.

• Visited May 2013

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Longwood
“When in Rome , don;t miss Ad Hoc!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We visited Ad Hoc recently ( July 13th ) and all six of us had the tasting menu ( one had the meat , the other five had the sea) and it was awesome. The service was great and the food excellent!
Make sure you check it out!

West Palm Beach, Florida
“A gourmet foodie Mecca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in at 7pm because this restaurant was in the area of La Dolce Vita stroll and wow!
We started with the pumpkin blossoms and mozzarella / burrata appetizers ... The pumpkin blossoms are fried and each one has a different flavor. OMG!!!!! truffles, honey mushrooms, basil, asparagus. To die for!! And the mozzarella was also excellent.
For entrees we all had the sea bass wrapped in zucchini, veal saltimbocca, amberjack served over spinach, and pasta carbonara and rabbit ragout pasta. All were spectacular and perfectly prepared, hot and fresh!!!!
The service was also top notch. Front waiter back waiter, etc. I was particularly impressed by our server's wine aptitude - I'm a North CA / Napa girl, I told her what I liked and she "check mated" me with some INCREDIBLE Italian wine.
Truly one of the best meals, ever, of all time, at a reasonable price. We were €188/total for four and our wine was €59. (We also had 4 bottles of water.)
I highly recommend reservations as we only got in because somebody canceled.
We will be back!!! Highly recommended!!!!

Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Friendly advice, well worth the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Booked before we went on holiday and received a 10% discount. We knew it would be more expensive than most of our holiday meals, and it was, but unlike some of the restaurants in Rome's centre which sneakily manage to over charge and ended up costing around the same Ad Hoc was well worth the money. The staff were incredibly nice and helpful. I would thoroughly recommend splurging in this restaurant and trying their taster menus because we wish we had.

• Visited June 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“If you visit Rome you must eat here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I went for a meal after my engagement & had the truffles menu, Best food I have eaten in a while, If I go back to Rome I will 100% eat here again!