“Everything we needed!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 888 Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Rudy is a driver/guide based in Rome.Rudy gives tours from the city of Rome as well as from the ports of Civitavecchia (Rome and surroundings), Naples (Amalfi Coast and Pompeii), Livorno (Florence and Tuscany).Rudy has a diploma in art and is also a fully licensed guide of Rome.He is also fully licensed to take people on excursions, shore excursions and trips anywhere.He has a great team of driver/guide.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Easton, Massachusetts
“Everything we needed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Rudy was beyond accommodating for my family. He picked us up at the train station of our convenience and drove us to all of the major sites of Rome. His knowledge of the history of the city was astounding and extremely informative. My family and I would not have been able to see as much as Rome as we did, in the one day we had, if it were not for Rudy's tour.

Visited November 2012

Chandler, Arizona
“OUTSTANDING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We took a trip in Sept for my parents 45th wedding anniversary - we had 2 days in Rome prior to our Cruise. Rudy and team were INCREDIBLE, we had private tour with outstanding accommodations. Rudy and team were always on time and were flexible based on our needs of the moment. He also provided transportation to and from airport - all drivers spoke great English and were extremely friendly. I would highly recommend using his service if you want lots of memories while you are in Rome!

Visited September 2012
Astoria, New York
“Rudy is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My family and I purchased a full day tour of Rome with Rudy. Rudy promptly picked us up at our hotel at 8am, and drove us in a comfortable Mercedes mini-van to our first stop of the day – the Colosseum. Rudy parked in a spot with an exceptional view of the arena and explained the history of Rome and the site. He then allowed us time to explore on our own. We appreciated that Rudy took us to the most famous Roman sites in the early morning before the hordes of tourists arrived. Rudy then toured us through the ancient center (including the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps), drove the ancient Appian Way to visit the Catacombs, and took us to breathtaking views of the Roman Forum, all the while incorporating wonderful stories and anecdotes about the city and each site. His knowledge was extensive, and he clearly demonstrated his title as an Official Guide of Rome. Even when we requested a visit to a church not initially included on the tour (St. John Lateran), he happily obliged and told us everything we wanted to know about the spot. Rudy – Thank you for a wonderful day in Rome. You are the best. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Visited December 2012
Stoughton, Wisconsin
“Our 12 hour layover and day with Rudy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My fiance' and I spent an amazing day with Rudy late this summer. We had a long layover on our way to Ireland and wanted to see some sights. Rudy was amazing! We were able to go to the Vatican and see a lot of the other main attractions in Rome. I have to say it was one of the most amazing days of my life. I can not tell you how many times I just stood in awe. I have to say that if we ever go back to Italy Rudy will be the fist person I call when I find it, because of him we got to see some of the most amazing sights in the world in a very short time span. If we had tried to do that expedition on our own we might have made it to the Vatican at most, not to the Vatican, the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain, the Roman Steps, the Coliseum, and to get gelato.

Visited August 2012
Bethesda, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
“An absolutely great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Rudy is great.

We did 1.5 days with him in Rome. We covered a lot, and had an excellent time. There is a thin line between interesting and boring, entertaining and serious, and Rudy walks the line very eloquently. He is very knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and provides cute anecdotes that help tell the story of Rome. His knowledge of art was also a great element of the tour as he was able to pinpoint interesting aspects of the master’s works in painting, architecture and sculptures. His narrative, with the help of a tablet with additional visual aids, ensured that we had a good understanding of the places, the history and the art.
On the logistical front, the car was a comfortable and clean, Mercedes Viano. Rudy was always punctual, and delivered a flawless tour.
Overall, Rudy is highly recommended.

Visited December 2012