“Good neighborhood restaurant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Trattoria Antica Boheme

Trattoria Antica Boheme
Via Napoli 4, 00184 Rome, Italy (Esquilino)
39 06 4885505
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Decatur, Georgia
“Good neighborhood restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was very convenient as we were staying nearby. The food was good and service was fair. We had a good meal, but it wouldn't have been something to go far for.

Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Montreal, Canada
“Great food, better wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We ate here after a recommendation from our hotel concierge. At first glance, I was not expecting very much but I was wrong. The food was tasty, the staff was excellent. Our waiter recommended a nice bottle of wine from Sicily that was excellent. I had Calzoni and my wife had a pasta dish. Our total bill came to 30 Euros (including the bottle of wine).

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
preston
“Great find and reasonable prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We ate here our last night on a short trip to Rome. Our hotel recommended this lovely Trattoria to us. As a bonus it was just round the corner from where we were staying opposite the Opera House. The best thing about this restaurant was the great atmosphere and the staff were very friendly, and very busy. We do try to speak to them in Italian (badly I'm afraid) and I think this makes a difference. It was a very busy Saturday night and we were glad we booked. My husband had the Penne pasta and I had the Lamb with potatoes, with extra aubergine. Both were unspectacular but very tasty. I also had the dessert of the day, a nice Tiramisu. We had two drinks each as well and the bill came to £60 euros which for Rome seemed quite reasonable.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Woking, United Kingdom
“Reasonable food, pushy service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The quality of the pasta dishes ordered was good/average but not overly exciting, this was shown by my choice of dish, Carbonara, which I always order when I struggle to find something that stands out! The quality seemed on a par with any typical Italian food chain. The waiter was impatient, and rushed us to make our order, then completely ignored us when we then wanted to pay. The house wine was very cheap and tasted good, 1/2 l for only €3! The desserts were tasty.

Not a memorable evening.

League City, Texas
“Fair”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We found the pasta portions to be kind of small in comparison to some of the other restaurants we tried. The food was tasty, slower than the average service Roman restaurant. We ended up going back to another restaurant we enjoyed for much less and much tastier. This restaurant does have a service charge...ours was 2 Euro, not bad.

• Visited October 2012