“A hidden gem near the Coliseum” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Carmel
“A hidden gem near the Coliseum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We got lost walking there, but once we found it, we were enthralled with specials of the day that we ordered! Homemade pasta! The stuffed calamari was unbelievable ! The flavors played with our tastebuds! You will be sorry if you miss it! Mangia!

Uxbridge, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Amazing amazing amazing!

I can't recommend this restaurant enough, the staff were so helpful and friendly with a good sense of humour. They recommend our food to have and we certainly weren't disappointed. It was so fresh and the flavours were great. The staff were patient with our complicated and numerous changes drinks order. Excellent value for money for such a high standard of food, and taking into account it's close location to the colosseum about a 5 minute walk.

This is most definitely the vest restaurant I have been to in a long time

I would highly highly recommend this restaurant.

Lexington, SC
“Truly Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Our driver took us here and told us we were in for a treat. He was not kidding. The food was exceptional. In fact, it was the best lunch I had on my trip to Italy. Do not miss the meat and cheese plate "slow food". You will not be disappointed. The restaurant is not overly fancy, old chairs and tables, which was refreshing. I don't want fancy decor, I want a food experience and that is what we had that day. The bathroom was really clean and service was really great as well. Overall A+ and I would recommend to all.

Vienna, Austria
“A Gem of a Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

If you are looking for a truly "Italian" eating experience then Il Bocconcino is the place to go. Excellent food from appetizer to dessert and very friendly service. It is close to the Colosseum just off the via Claudia and easy to find. We had our best meal during our visit to Rome in this small and understated restaurant.

Visited July 2014
“How much sweetbreads! !??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

We read the reviews and didn't fancy walking far so walked the few hundred metres to this little place. The portions are large but I'm much more about quality over quantity. The sweetbreads as a main was just too much and a starter would've been fine. My steak was ok and Seasoned well enough. 2 courses for two with a bottle of wine was 93 euros. Our meal the next night at Stereo 140 was a few euros more with an extra bottle of wine and desserts. I can't put these two in the same league. Simple food done ok for a lot of money. If you don't mind this you'll enjoy but I never like being told to hurry as they wanted to close before.....there's other ways to deal with late eaters.....