“Great location!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,261 of 2,886 Rome B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for a few days in June. Was greeted by Daniela who was lovely and sorted us out with a map of the city, answered any questions we had. Location is fantastic, short walk from the pantheon, trevi fountain. The restaurant to the left of the hotel door is great as well. The one across is crap! Couldn't recommend this place enough! A+

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

We have just come back from a 4 day stay in City House in Rome, it is an excellent location for a lot of the main sights, Our room was nice and clean, a bit basic but it had all we needed, nice bed with clean sheets, white fluffy towels. My sister came with us and she had the bedroom next door and we did have to share the bathroom but it was lovely and clean and had a hairdryer. The room also had a fridge which was handy, there was no dining room but it was no trouble for Daniella to bring a tray to our room for breakfast. I would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: If you want a good location this is very good for Vatican , Trvi Fountin, and lots more
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Ulverston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

We were booked in for 4 nights however only ended up staying for one. The guy there was very rude telling us that we can't make any noise and lecturing us on how to close doors which was very patronising. This place was in a perfect location but was not worth the amount we paid. We also had to keep changing the empty milk bottle that had been put under the air conditioning as it was leaking. Breakfast was poor with nothing fresh.

Room Tip: Private bathroom rooms may be better as the guy may not shout
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Blue Mountains, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We loved our stay at this B & B. Daniela was so helpful, she organized our Taxi from the airport to the B & B or we probably wouldn't have found her. The next morning she brought us breakfast in bed as we had over slept due to the long flight. The room was large with 2 double beds and a single. We were travelling with our 2 grown daughters for a wedding in Orvieto. Thank you Daniel for the wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Right downtown, close to everything and within walking of all sights. Email ahead and Daniela will h...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My parents and I arrived around midday. We had reserved a room several months prior. Daniela greeted us rudely, berating us for not responding to the 6 emails she had sent the day before, which requested that we confirm our time of arrival. We had not seen the emails as we had been travelling. Regardless, we had a confirmation from hotels.com that clearly stated, "You do not need to do anything else.” Daniela had not cleaned our room prior to our arrival since we had not given her a check-in time. She made it very clear that we were "in her house," intruding on her space.

We waited around 30 minutes while Daniela cleaned our room and then went in. Daniela warned us that the plumbing in the bathroom was not good and that we should not flush anything aside from a small amount of toilet paper. We went out that evening and when we returned, we found that Daniela had entered our room and moved our things around. The next day, she came into our room and accused me of flushing tampons down the toilet. I assured her that we had not flushed anything aside from a small amount of toilet paper per her instructions and told her that she could feel free to check the waste paper basket to see that it was filled with tampons--which amazingly she did! She then told me that her husband would be checking the toilet and that he would find out the truth, implying that I was lying and that she would "catch" me. She never mentioned the toilet again, I assume because she found out she was wrong.

Despite the excellent location, I would not recommend this place due to Daniela's lack of professionalism. And the breakfast was awful, as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed with Daniella at the Citys House B&B in mid March 2014 and we have nothing buy wonderful praise for the accommodation and our host Daniella.

Daniella was a wonderful host, bringing breakfast to the room promptly as arranged which was enough to see us through until after lunch or later (yoghurt, small toasts with jam, sponge cake, espresso coffee of your choice and juice) and she was very patient upon our arrival when we were over an hour later than we said we'd be.

We stayed in the cheaper double room (which is actually advertised as a single with a double bed) and although small, it was plenty big enough for the two of us. If you're looking for a spacious room, I don't suggest you book this room however, it was more than adequate for our needs which was a clean and comfortable bed with ensuite bathroom.

As the B&B is situated on a pedestrian street with restaurants and cafes it is very noisy so bring ear plugs and expect to be woken early in the morning, but the central location of this B&B cannot be beat. It's approximately a 30 minute walk to all major attractions - The Vatican, Colosseum, Pantheon (10 seconds away!), Tevi Fountain ...). You can't beat it this location, not to mention a fabulous gelato shop at the end of the road with over a hundred different flavours! Heaven for gelato lovers .....

So, all in all, if you're looking for a spacious, upmarket, all mod cons place, don't book here. What Daniella offers is a "home away from home" room, with excellent and attentive service, VERY clean rooms, bathrooms and common areas, a location that cannot be beat and a very reasonably priced B&B in the heart of Rome. You won't be disappointed :o)

Room Tip: Remember to bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed here in March 2014, as part of a weekend break in Rome. I chose City House B&B for its location and fantastic reviews. I will start with the warning, since this is the most fundamental part of my review: make sure you state within your booking that you are not prepared to be transferred to alternative accommodation.

The day before my stay, I got a call from Daniella from City House B&B saying that I was being 'upgraded' to an alternative B&B just down the road. It appeared that I didn't have much choice as she had double booked the room I was due to stay in. She emailed me the name of the alternative accommodation: Giubbonari 23 - Google-ing of this place highlighted to me that moving guests here from City House is a fairly common occurrence.

Guibbonari 23 was half a kilometre away and in a far less desirable location to City House. Worse still, the B&B was on a very busy road, the rooms were extremely dark and their cleanliness were well below the standard you would expect based on pictures and reviews of City House. The first room I was offered I refused to stay in - it was extremely noisy, dirty and the bed sheets didn't even match on twin beds! When I said this, the owner simply shrugged her shoulders and said "this is your room" - before walking away. I finally got to speak to Daniella, who runs City House - she offered me a slightly better room, although it was still dirty, wallpaper was coming away from the walls, there was damp on the ceiling and the shower hook on then bathroom wall was broken, so that the shower head actually fell on me whilst I was in the shower! Daniella did at least reassure me that I could simply walk away without paying anything if I wished - just what I wanted to do in a city I didn't know!

We eventually agreed that my mum and I would stay the night in Guibbonari 23 and would move to City House the following day (with an apparent upgrade to a triple room when we got there - not of much use given there were only 2 of us). But still. After an unpleasant night's sleep, we were woken at around 7am to a group of Italians having a very loud conversation in the communal kitchen. When we finally left the B&B, there was no sign of the breakfast that we were supposed to have included.

So that ends my review of Guibbonari 23. I now have extremely positive things to say about City House. Firstly, the location was fantastic! Also, once we had moved to City House, Daniella was incredibly helpful. She made us breakfast once we arrived to check in (since we didn't get any in Guibbonari 23). I was initially apprehensive about the shared bathroom, but it was actually fine - it was kept very clean and we never had to wait to use it. The rooms were clean. In addition, although the beds were only foam mattresses, we got a good night's sleep.

The downside to the fantastic location of City House was the noise from the road until around 12:30am. However, anyone that has stayed in Rome before will note that most of the hotels are in fairly noisy locations, so this is to be expected. Also, once all the restaurants had closed their shutters, the road was extremely quiet, so we really couldn't complain. The breakfast was basic, but Italians aren't known for this meal being a particular highlight of the day. All in all, City House was an excellent place to stay for our break in Rome.

So, in summary, I would recommend this place. But make sure that you put within your booking request that you are not prepared to be transferred to Guibbonari 23.

Room Tip: Make sure that you put within your booking request that you are not prepared to be transferred to Gu...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to City's House B&B? Share your experiences!