“friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Best Roma

You added Hotel Best Roma to your Saves list
Hotel Best Roma
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via di Porta Maggiore, 51, 00185 Rome, Italy (Esquilino)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #635 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel is a little bit out of the centre, but we still managed to walk to most of the major attractions. The staff were friendly and very helpful with info on bus routes etc. The room was a bit cramped but clean, and the breakfast was not great. But I'd still be happy to recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Found the" Hotel Best Roma" to be a very clean and comfortable hotel to stay ,close to public transport, shopping and places of interest. Staff were very friendly and helpful ,would highly recommend a stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel exterior looks run down, and not as the photos show on their website. Matter of fact our taxi driver almost mixed it. Actually on their website they only show a pic of the front door and not the street where it is located. It's a quiet area, but drab. Across the street is a large supermarket, making it convenient if needing to purchase bottled water, late night snacks, etc. The hotel is very, very far from any tourist areas, but close to public transportation; 3 blks to the metro and about 5 blks to the underground. There are a few restaurants close by, maybe 3-4 places within walking and all serve Italian food; if you're looking for anything else, you'll have to hop on the metro and seek elsewhere. The room we had was tiny and again not like the pic on their website, but very clean. We had twin beds and the room was very, very dark, with dark wood paneling on walls and floor and deep red drapes. The area where they serve continental breakfast was small, but served its purpose and there is an outdoor courtyard. Croissants and breads, deli meats & cheeses, orange juice and wonderful coffees. These are not baked on the premises, but look like they were purchased at the local grocery, but is filling and good. We loved the staff service. Friendly, helpful and asisted us when our luggage was lost by the airline. Not sure I would stay here again, because of the location, but if I had to, it would only be because of the excellent service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HotelBestRoma, THE MANAGEMENT at Hotel Best Roma, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive reaction regarding our Staff & services.

We regret you did not like your room and if we had known, we would
have shown you another floor where the coulors difffent from the third
floor. Please do take the time to see all pictures of our accommodations
on our official site at www.hotelbestroma.com

Regards,

England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and rated this as a good hotel at a good price in what can be a very expensive city. The 4 star rating is deceptive: it isn't, but I would have no hesitation in recommending it or staying again. Staff were great. Rooms were very small, but well decorated, clean and serviced to a high standard. Breakfast was adequate. Location was good.
This COULD be an excellent hotel, with a little more flair and attention to fine detail. It just lacks those touches which might make it 4 star.

Room Tip: Pleased with Room 101 (!) but it WAS small.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

we wish to thank you again for your stay at Hotel Best Roma
and for your positive feed back.

Best regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights, the manager Luc (may of been Luc) checked me in & was so helpful & full of knowledge, Rome was the last leg of my trip....I was tied when he was giving me all the info, the next morning I had a tour at 7am, so asked the person at the front desk, did not get his name, but he seemed of Indian decent or from India was the rudest person I ever encouted. I showed him the map Luca gave me the day before & I wanted to make sure I was counting the right subway stops, he turned over the map & said ma'am it is not that hard to count 1,2,3....I was horrified & replied matbe not for someone who lives here, but this is my 1st visit to Italy....I grabbed my stuff & advised him I would ask for help from someone on the street & left, he did come around the corner & told me not to leave, but I was already offended & hurt.....I was also traveling by myself.

Also, the next day at breakfast, some other English speaking guess said he was rude to them as well, wondering if he just dislikes Americans since they were also from the states.

Everyone else I met in Italy/Rome was fabulous, so I am not going to let him spoil my experience, but he does need to be replaced & I regret not talking to the manager, I could have asked to speak to him in private to address his rude employee, which I don't think he would like his employee being rude to the guest.

I wanted to advise Luc the manager the next day, but when I left for the day the night guy was hanging around.

The room was nice, but was one the 2nd floor over the street where the streetcar passed. Breakfast was nice.

Even though the night/early morning guy was rude Luc was very nice & made me feel welcome, & not stupid for asking questions. He also helped me with make a private car to the airport.

I am going back to Rome in May of 2015 & has long as Luc is still there, I will stay. It was a nice hotel & I enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Miss,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and its services.

Hoping to have the chance to welcoming you again at Hotel
Best Roma in the near future, we send you our best regards.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed in room 112 at the Hotel Best Roma for 4 nights as a sightseeing base and whilst located fairly centrally with good links to the Termini (a good place to start most across city journeys) it is in a quite run down area. Having said that we never felt threatened or worried, even late at night.
Room 112 is in the basement (along with two other bedrooms, the laundry and breakfast room ~ this can make them noisy if you want to sleep during the day), it is small but adequate with good furniture and decoration. The bathroom has full marble floor and walls, however, we could never get running water above tepid and the shower head hose does not fit the rail so showering results in soaking the floor. The shower head is in the middle of the bath but the screen is at the end so the water bounces off you onto the floor!
Breakfast appears to be first come, first served as there were no croissants left on our first day after getting up after 9am. Boiled eggs made fleeting appearances but we're not regular. The hotel does not cook and even toasting bread is not an option.
You pay additional for WiFi, don't get slippers or bathrobes and there are only two English speaking channels (both rolling news) out of the few that are available.
Rome is not cheap but we felt that this hotel did not deliver value for money, at 400 Euro a night for a small room we felt that our money could be better spent next visit.

• Stayed September 2013
HotelBestRoma, MANAGEMENT at Hotel Best Roma, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our services.

You were wrong not asking us for a room change as the floors differ
all one from the other. Being on a lower floor, even if its rooms face
the back size of the building, is not always appreciated.

In the bathrooms you may find either a shower or a bathtub depending
of course also on the size of the room itself. Larger rooms often have
a bathtub, bathrobes and slippers are provided on request.

Breakfast is served in both our breakfast room or on our outside patio.
The buffet is generally refilled until 10 o'clock. with all kind of food.

As far as the room rate are concerned, we take this opportunity to specify
that the average rate you paid for two and in B &B is 120,00 Euros per
night. There was a higher room rate only for the last night.

Hoping to have the chance to welcoming you again at Hotel Best Roma
in the near future and in better conditions, we send you our best regards.

Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff who all spoke very good English. Room small but spotlessly clean with a lovely balcony looking out over the central courtyard which was great for breakfast and afternoon drinks. Decor modern. Easy access to all forms of public transport (Termini, buses, metro, trams) and tourist sites.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelBestRoma, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Best Roma, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for your stay at Hotel Best Roma. We are happy to see you soon,

Best regards,
Gianluca LATINI

Been to Hotel Best Roma? Share your experiences!