“Great Artichoke” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ristorante Roma Sparita

Ristorante Roma Sparita
Piazza di Santa Cecila, 24, 00153 Rome, Italy (Trastevere)
+39 06 580 0757
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Description: Good food is served in a comfortable environment. The outdoor space in the main square is really unique in Rome and can take place about 90 people. The inside spaces are two very welcoming hall: the entrance hall of about 30/35 people and the other room can accommodate more than 60 others.
Miami, Florida
“Great Artichoke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Probably the best fried artichoke we have tried since we arrived in Rome (that's a few...) pasta was good but not fall off your seat spectacular. The cacio e pepe was great but the other dishes fell short. Service was alright. Overall decent place - don't know I would return though...

• Greek first
  • Polish first
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is the real thing, great service and great food. I speak I little italian so this definitely help me with my reservations, they were really nice with us and for sure I'll visit again when in Italy.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Great in almost every respect.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel. The location is very atmospheric, in the heart of Trastavere, and inside it is very nicely presented with tightly packed tables and chairs.

They found a table for eight of us with no prior warning, and the staff were very welcoming and helpful with suggestions.

The food and wine were of high quality and all of us were very happy with our meals. The only minor complaint was that the bill took nearly 30 minutes to arrive after we had requested it, deslite several reminders. However this did not detract from what was a great experience.

Wethersfield, Connecticut
“I expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

After all the hype with the Anthony Bourdain Cacio e Pepe I expect a lot. I ordered the carpaccio for appetizer, it was good, but I've had better ones, and much better ones too. Then I ordered the cacio pepe. Before I even mentioned that I wanted to try that anyways, the waiter had mentioned it to me and three other tables that is was the house specialty. So I was excited to try it. I guess I should've know better than to just order plain pasta with grated cheese and pepper. I guess the name in italian sounded like more than just that. I wasn't impressed. The cute little crust it comes in didn't save it for me. Just plain pasta. My 7 year-old would've loved it. My husband's pasta was way more interesting, he ordered a fettutine with porccini. That was pretty good. I saw the gnocci going by, it looked lovely. Oh well, too late for that.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Great off the tourist track”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I disagree this restaurant in unfriendly to Americans. If you show up at 8 with no reservations what do you expect? My daughter and I showed up at 5:30 and they accommodated us, of course we mentioned Bruno's Rome Food Tours and they were happy to help. Make a reservation. It is way worth it. Everything we ate was great. Full of locals. Very typical Italin. By the time we left the entire patio was full with a lone at the door

• Visited September 2013