“Decent, but not amazing Italian fare.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Pariolina

La Pariolina
Viale Dei Parioli 93, 00197 Rome, Italy (Parioli)
+39 06 808 6002
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,560 of 8,552 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Parioli
London, United Kingdom
“Decent, but not amazing Italian fare.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had a work dinner here. The food was good, but not amazing considering it was Italy. The service was slow, slow, slow - and not in the normal, laid back Mediterranean way. More like in the "I'm dying of thirst and the waiter is standing there staring at me but not getting the water I asked for five minutes ago" way. I would not return on my own if I had a choice.

Visited January 2013

“Best pizza in Parioli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I have been 3 times already to this simple restaurant. It's full on weekends from local people with their families. I tried several dishes but always go back to the same: pizza with salsiccia artigianale and carcioffi
(I invented it). Excellent pizza, worth the trip every time!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Roma
“not so sufficient”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Considering the rates I expected to have high quality and very good service. I had curry meatballs after their chips and a good dessert. Meatballs badly prepared with microwave oven ... small wine bottle and a very bad service... I'm not their friend..!! Not suggested

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham
“Good value and good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Something here for all ages. A good no nonsense restaurant. Nothing flash just strong value for money and a quality food experience.

Visited October 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Finally - a local place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Went on a Wednesday night, maybe 9ish. After too many experiences with restaurants filled with Americans we found this place. And while they did have an English menu, we were the only Americans there, as far as I could tell. Seated next to us (in the outdoor, covered patio area) were a mom & dad with 2 boys in soccer uniforms. On the other side were 2 older couples out for a fun evening - they got dessert and were enjoying themselves. All in Italian! Seems like a neighborhood place, which is exactly what I crave on vacation.

And the food! This may have been the best pizza I had in all of Italy - although a place in Siena was up there, too. And they had grilled veggies. I always struggle to get enough veggies on vacation, so this was a huge benefit. Oh, and a nice bottle of Chianti.

• Visited September 2012