After 2 weeks in Tuscany I was certainly ready for a modern, fresh hotel and NH Giustiniano was our choice due to location and TA reviews.
The rooms were clean and fresh with minor issues in the bathroom. My guess is that a refresh of the hotel will be needed within a couple of years. Still quite stay-able and comfortable. The location is excellent and within easy walk of the Vatican and other attractions (assuming tourist stay).
The issues we had were only really two:
1) the lobby bar appears to never be staffed. With no ice machines on the floors, the only option we were provided initially was the lobby bar. We stood there for 10+ minutes to get a bottle of wine opened and still no one. Asked at the front desk, a call was made, and still no one. Later we needed ice and were again directed to the lobby bar. No one again. Eventually we were directed to the restaurant on the other side of the hotel where we had to look for someone in the back to come help us. We located our own ice bucket by snooping through a cabinet just off the elevator on the lobby floor. Eventually we got what we needed but, wow, painful.
2) we pre-arranged a car to take us to the airport in the morning of our departure. We instructed that we had 4 adults with 2 suitcases each. The next morning we were met by a driver in a beat-up Mercedes C-class - not a significant car for 4 adults, plus a driver, plus bags. When I challenged the front desk about how we were going to fit into that I felt blamed for the situation as the staff stated that we should have been more clear. Rather than being the solution to the problem their last interaction with me as I left was rude and unwarranted.
For the service issues alone I would likely go find another place to stay next time. There are lots of great places to stay where you will feel welcomed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH Giustiniano hotel in Rome is right in the fashionable Prati district near many restaurants, shops, and cafes. 5 Minutes walking from the Vatican and Castel Sant'Angelo, the 4-star hotel NH Giustiniano is ideally located for discovering Rome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, NHHotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Venere, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your NH Giustiniano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Giustiniano Rome
- Nh Giustiniano Hotel Rome