“An excellent B&B in the heart of Rome ... The Pantheon can be reached in less time than it takes to eat a gelato.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baghirova in Rome

You added Baghirova in Rome to your Saves list
Baghirova in Rome
Via del Teatro Valle 53 B, 00186 Rome, Italy (Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori)   |
Ranked #588 of 3,079 Rome B&B and Inns
Colorado Springs, Co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

The Baghirova in Rome is the perfect location for guests who want to see the city on foot. The Pantheon and Piazza Navona can be reached in less time than it takes to eat a gelato. One has to only open one's eyes to see something beautiful.
Room "B" was pristine clean and the bed was very comfortable. The closet allows for lots of storage and keeping the room uncluttered. The modern, spare decor was especially appealing after days spent enjoying Baroque art. The second-floor B&B is conveniently accessed by elevator. It is wise to note the names of retail stores at the corners of the B&B's location on Via di Campo Marzio; streets merge, and even a good navigator can wander. Security is excellent. I found the room to be quiet. (I sleep with earplugs, even at home.) The weather was sunny, dry, balmy and perfect in early to mid-May. We never closed the window.
Emails upon confirmation of the reservation provided detailed and accurate information. We selected the recommended taxi service at Fiumicino and were rewarded with an engaging driver who spoke English, did not smoke and gave us a charming tour en route to the Baghirova. Finding the address was not a problem. As advised in the email, I contacted our hostess, Leyla, upon arriving in Rome. (Having my cell phone's sim card switched out for a sim card programmed to operate in Italy helped avoid stressful situations that tend to occur during travel. All of this can be done before leaving home, saving the precious moments of vacation for exploring and relaxing.) After traveling through eight time zones it was very reassuring to hear Leyla's voice and know that she was expecting us. Leyla is warm, gracious, professional, available but never intrusive. Her English is quite good.
Reservations were made in October for a May visit. Perhaps, it is customary, but it was foreign to me, payment - minus the deposit paid by credit card to hold the reservation - would be made in cash/ euros upon arrival. I was skeptical, but it worked out just fine.
Breakfasts are served in the room. Leyla is punctual and accommodating of morning schedules that may vary according to ticketed events. A sofa and coffee table allow for a leisurely enjoyment of yogurt, juice, pastries, toasts with butter and jam, coffee or tea - a very pleasant way to begin a vacation day.
It is a B&B, but the third, unspoken, "B" matters. The nice sized bathroom, like the rest of the room was immaculate. Necessary instructions are posted in several languages for the new, environment-friendly fixtures. This is Europe; there is a bidet. No need to pack a hair dryer. The shower offered plenty of hot water at full pressure. My husband and I are "sixty-somethings" and had no problem with the small step up into the shower. The shower is narrow by American standards; perhaps 20 inches wide, and slightly longer. Just don't drop the soap. (This is vacation. If I'd wanted an American experience, I'd have stayed home.)
The five nights at the Baghirova set the tone for a spectacular visit to Rome. Thank you, Leyla!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We travelled as two couples so together pratically booked out the 3 room b&b. Leyla was lovely when we arrived, and she was very helpful, recommending places to eat, what to wear to the Vatican, and booking us a taxi to the airport for departure. The rooms were clean, a few small things showed wear and tear, like a rip in one of the towels, bathroom in room 2 had no outside ventilation, and if anyone else flushes, the water in your loo will jump and gurgle. However, the beds were really comfortable, the air conditioning worked well, rooms were a good size-with a sofa, breakfast was enjoyable, and the location was perfect. I have knocked a point off of sleep quality, as there was maintenance being done on the building opposite, obviously this is only a temporary issue. Would definitely recommend on this price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

My husband and I sadly stayed at this hotel. We had a very bad experience.
CONS
1.) The toilet had an old way of flushing. There was a sign posted over the toilet that read that the toilet clogged easily and that if it clogged she would have to pay 200 euros. See the attached picture. We were extremely careful with it. There was a strange sound when it flushed. Needless to say, the following day it clogged. We immediately informed Leila and she accused me of putting cotton in it. She was telling me that I did something I simply didnt do. We are honest people, have traveled to numerous countries and are respectful. We dont have a probably paying for things my husband or I are responsible for. We were extremely careful with the toilet situation and did not put cotton in the toilet (who does that). I couldnt believe she told me I did it. We left for the day and when we returned to the room, on the floor of the restroom was some type of paper/tissue. It was left there to show us what "we" did and a bill. When we flushed the toilet after it was unclogged, it flushed differently. Needless to say, it must have been the previous guests. BEWARE: you will be responsible for the previous guests and will have to pay 200 euros. Check everything before she leaves the room to make sure everything is working. We booked 5 nights and for the last 4 nights I was afraid the toilet would clog! She was also rude to us the rest of the stay.
2.) The restroom smelled of mildew.
3.) The showers were super small. I am 5'5" and 128 lbs and had a different time washing my hair bec it was so small.
4.) Its a bit loud at nights.
5.) The internet didnt always work.

PRO
1.) Its in a great location.

At the end of the day, I would not recommend this B&B bec you dont know what the previous guests may/may not have done but will be held accountable.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Loved the location of Baghirova! It is perfectly situated between the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, and Piazza Navona. It was also really nice to be next to the Parliament - it made me feel safe, and it wasn't as touristy as the next block down! Breakfast was enjoyable and the room was a good size for what we paid for it. We had the private external bathroom which was also a pretty decent size. My only reason for taking off a star was that we felt a little uncomfortable sometimes. I felt like every time we left our room, Leyla was there...and it just felt awkward. We also felt a little judged one day that we slept in/stayed in our room until the early afternoon. It may have been the language barrier (I know, how dare I say that when I am a tourist who doesn't speak Italian!), but it was enough to not make me feel 100% comfortable! Still highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
West Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I chose this Bed & Breakfast fully aware of what I would expect: no disappointment and very satisfied with the reality.
My friend and I slept in the small room. Totally sufficient for 2 friends, a long big room, a very good matrass (so important). The private bathroom at the end of the corridor was great, perfectly clean and just for us. I never saw anyone in this corridor and went there barefoot not bothered.

The Innkeeper and owner of the B&B is a very agreeable person, who I enjoyed speaking with.

On top of that it is perfectly placed between Piazza Navonna and Fontana di Trevi. You can radiate from there to all the most important places in the city.

I will come back in this specific place again !

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Richmond, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

We recently stayed at this B & B and when we went to bed, we found that the bottom sheet had a massive hole in it. The top sheet has tiny holes in them and the bath towel was ripped. When I told the owner she showed me how they are folded from the laundry. The laundry doesn't make the bed and it was so obvious that there was a 10" hole in the sheets that no one could have missed it. With no one there it is difficult if you need to adjust the A/C. The bathroom smelled dank and less than clean. For the price there must be better accommodations. She also recommended a safe underground parking place at Borghese Villa. Our rental car was broken into and our stuff in the car stolen. Don't trust this place for safe parking.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

I only stayed one night but wished I could have stayed longer....room was beautiful and large and clean. Rate was very reasonable. I stayed in the largest room. Excellent location right near all the main attractions. Leyla was so nice.
Would definitely return to this B&B and can't wait to return to Rome to hang out more in this area.
Cindy from Toronto, Canada

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Baghirova in Rome? Share your experiences!