“Favorite Lunch place in Rome” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bar Navona

Bar Navona
Piazza Navona, 67, Rome, Italy (Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori)
06.686 1402
Improve this listing
Ranked #7,004 of 8,547 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Victoria, Canada
“Favorite Lunch place in Rome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Bar Navona is right on Navona Square...nice and open, with lots of people-watching opportunities. We went several times, and became acquainted with Marco. He gave us excellent, friendly service and the food and beer were always delicious.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Genoa, Italy
“Terrible place, they should close!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Ok, I am Italian. We were invited in English inside. We noticed a slight tone of joke and irony, but spoke in Italian, we said we had had lunch and we wantedto seat have a coffee and kids an ice cream. They probably did not like this. The non Italian waiter came to take the order, and I have no problem with that if it wasn't for the fact that he got our order wrong!!

While waitingfor our order to come, I needed to go the toilet. I moticed the cheap supermarket quality ice-cream and tartuffo at the fridge and only hoped would not get that. Unfortunately that's what we were given, for an incredible price!!!!

The waiter never interacted with us, he would eithernot understand us, look or talk to others while serving us.

Overall, very bad ice cream, they do not make any and they buy the worst ever. The kiosk in the outskirts of the town sells way netter ice cream. They charge 8€ for a horrible tartuffo, horrible vanilla ice vream, and horrible service. Don't go!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Slightly defrosted Profiteroles!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

We only wanted a desert & drink, thought we'd try the Profiteroles, told they were the best, i'd expect them to say nothing less. They finally showed up & they had clearly just been defrosted..but not that much though, we've had better from a supermarket!

We finished our drinks & asked for the bill, which wasn't the quickest at arriving only for it to say service charge included, but written in pen was a note saying 'tip', after the bad service & desert, not a chance.

Should've read trip advisor first!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Absolutley terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I decided to eat at the piazza on the last night of our stay in Rome to celebrate 20 years of marriage. As we walked around looking at the restaurants we were assured by a staff member that it was the best food around and it would be a fitting end to our otherwise perfect stay in Rome. How wrong he was. After we were seated, we were virtually ignored, it took over 30 minutes before the waiter bothered to take our order and even then it all seemed like too much effort for him. Once the starters arrived, we realised we had made a mistake. When the main finally came , about 45 minutes after the starter, I was given the wrong meal. After complaining that it wasn't what I had ordered , I was told that it was I who had not ordered correctly and that they would not replace the meal and I'd still have to pay for it. I had ordered a chicken with peppers roman style and roast potatoes. I got fried chicken and chips. It was terrible. My wife had a risotto which was cold and hard. When we asked for the bill we were again made to wait 20 or so minutes until we actually stood up to leave. They had added a tax to the bill which I paid reluctantly,and then had the nerve to ask for 15% tip. This is a terrible restaurant. Avoid it at all costs.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“My worst meal in Italy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Unfortunately this New Yorker was pulled in by one of the " hired guns" that hassle you into choosing their restaurant over all of the others along the Piazza. We told the waiter that we were in a rush, as we had little time before we had to hook up with our tour group. We were assured that there would be no problem. Well, there was a problem....we had to send back the wrong wine that was brought to us, we had to look around for our waiter continually during the meal, AND, I had to send back my spaghetti and meatballs as there were no meatballs on the plate, and the spaghetti was waaaay overcooked, mush in fact. Didn't have time to eat anything else by the time we got the attention of the waiter, as our tour group was left waiting for us to join them. Bad service, but VERY BAD FOOD! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!! My two friends ate their pasta?, but all agreed that this food tasted like it was sitting around for hours....ugh!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere