“Location - loaction” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via del Corso, 00187 Rome, Italy (Campo Marzio)   |
Ranked #94 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
“Location - loaction”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The location is just PERFECT! Close to EVERYTHING. I cannot recommend a better location. The hotel is good with a wide apartement. I stayed with my family - Wife and 2 kids of 4 and 7 yo and it was very good. The A/C is very weak and does not really work well, but besides that it is good.
The issue is with the taxi that arrives from the airport. If you are loaded with luggage is an issue. The taxi driver did not leave me in front of the hotel because he said that the this street (Greci - Check in is at Mozart hotel) is closed for cars...so I had to carry 3 big luggages and a stroller, what was a challenge.
Don't forget to check the bar on the top floor of Moazrt hotel. VERY PLEASENT!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have stayed at Hotel Mozart twice and Vivaldi Luxury Rooms once in past 4 years. Fabulous location for both (2 minute walk between buildings). It is between Piazza del Popolo and Spanish Steps (where there is also a Metro station). Lots of shopping & dining options in immediate area. Easy walk to Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona and Campo di Fiori. 30-60 minutes to walk to Colosseum, Vatican and Trastevere (given you will spend lots more time on your feet once you get to these places, may considering a taxi or the Metro at least one way. We had 3 rooms of the same category at Vivaldi Luxury Rooms, but one was much larger than the others. These were the cheapest room category and pretty basic, but they have been recently updated. Perhaps an upgraded room category would have been better. Hotel Mozart rooms I've stayed in previously were upgraded room categories and I absolutely loved them. Hotel Mozart also has a roof top bar & sitting area which is especially great in the evening. Vivaldi guests can access Hotel Mozart amenities, but it is not as convenient as just going upstairs in your building. There are no amenities at Vivaldi except a breakfast room (which offers identical items as Hotel Mozart). I hated the old elevator lift at Vivaldi. There is potential to have a lovely outdoor sitting area on the ground floor, but as there is nowhere to sit, this area is effectively wasted. I would recommend both locations, but my definite preference is Hotel Mozart over Vivaldi. In both cases, I suggest an upgraded room rather than the basic room.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. It seems to be larger than the others.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Northern Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I know this is city centre Rome we are talking about here and you get what you pay for, well on this showing, the Mozart Hotel's Vivaldi Luxury Rooms did not deliver. We were two couples and had booked at the Mozart Hotel only to find that the rooms allocated to us in the main hotel were totally unsuitable. I opened our bedroom window only to find a roasting hot brick red coloured wall staring right back at me from about eight feet away. No other view to be had, not even a backyard. I have to say that after making our case with the receptionist, we were given larger rooms just round the corner at the Vivaldi Rooms on Via Corso, so I thought okay, at least they have put that right.
We were there for three nights which was just nice before moving on. The weather was extremely hot, hitting 38 at one point, so one can imagine that clothes were changed often and sleeping wasn't easy either in the heat. Unfortunately a squeaky air conditioning unit in our room didn't help on that score either. It was so noisy each night that we had to turn it off, to get any sleep at all.
On returning to our rooms on the third evening, I noted that our bed linen was still unchanged from our arrival. In that heat, it's not too much to ask, so I did and sure enough two chamber maids arrived and began changing our sheets etc. Surely this should be routine in a hotel of this standard and not something which a guest has to request upon returning to their room. This really was a very bad let down and is not something I have ever experienced before.
Anyway we settled down to bed after a nice meal out, switched off the aircon and drifted off to sleep after a very tiring day, only to be woken up at 03.15 by our room telephone ringing constantly. I answered and was just told, sorry wrong number by the receptionist who put the phone down, leaving both of us fully awake. From then on I got hardly any sleep and the whole thing was then further compounded by a group of very loud people leaving their room early at 06.00, so all in all, not quite the experience we were looking for on holiday!
As for the rooms, they were okay size wise and the bathroom and shower was good. The lift up to the rooms is very small indeed, probably dating from the 50's or so but you get used to it. The breakfast is lovely with a good buffet spread. The best part of this address is the location, ideal for sight seeing and shopping.
We were quite happy until things just fell apart a bit but we still put on a brave face and tried to put it down to experience but on this showing, there are to many other good places in Rome to stay at this price, so I'm sorry to say I would not return to Hotel Mozart or Vivaldi Luxury Rooms, because they are not luxury by any stretch of the imagination and a paying guest just shouldn't need to ask to have clean sheets put on their bed after three days!!! A big let down I'm afraid.

Room Tip: If in the Vivaldi Rooms, request a room away from the entrance door at each floor, as you will be wo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Me and my now fiancée stayed in this hotel in June for a short break, it was lovely perfect location, clean and staff friendly, its right in the hustle and bustle of this shops and restaurants but close the door and you can hear a thing.
Had a lovely time in this hotel- the roof top terrace is a must- I loved it and my Boyfriend got down on one knew at sunset VERY romantic! I would go back to this hotel 

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, NS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Family of four with 2 teens, part of a group of 4 families for a pre cruise visit to Rome. Hotel was great, clean, large bathroom, king and two twins. Fridge, lots of space for suitcases. Very central location, safe neighborhood. Short walk to Spanish steps and Trevi Fountain. Lots of good shopping. Good free breakfast, better than a continental, lots of choices! Also enjoyed a drink on the rooftop bar at the hotel Mozart which is where you check in and is very close. The hotel staff were great to call restaurants and make reservations for our group. Highly recommend this hotel for mod price and good quality!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Suites vivaldy was a good choise delicious breakfast room clean and confortable nothing to complain about this hotel..situaded in front of via dei corso and many touristic places like fontana di trevi ...get
ready to espend your money!

• Stayed January 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed in the Vivaldi Suites (through the Hotel Mozart) in Rome in September last year and it was one of the most delightful experiences of our lives! The charm! The location! The people! The service! All unsurpassed. We absolutely loved the huge wooden door entry to the Vivaldi, the little courtyard, and...probably most of all...the gorgeous opera and classical music wafting from the conservatory next door into our courtyard, onto our patio and into our room (we of course left the doors open so we wouldn't miss a thing!!!) Charming breakfast room and great breakfast...very European! We spent 9 days theere and enjoyed every minute of every day and night! Loved the rooftop of the Mozart for coffee or wine, the front desk was always so helpful. So...do yourself a favor and stay here!!!! If we get back to Rome, we wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Rather than just use a website, I emailed (lots!) and called the hotel, always received prompt respo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Vivaldi Luxury Rooms? Share your experiences!